Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you use Keylogger Beater with Mouse or Keyboard, and is it easy to use and get used to?
Does it prevent capture from malware (keylogger) and phishing (scam)?
@Crypto Have you tested with the free tools by Zemana and SpyShelter? Do you use the Mouse or Keyboard?

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Hi, I use Firefox as my primary browser on a PC running Windows 7 (if that matters), and I keep it updated. I use add-ons like

uBlock Origin
Flashblock

What Firefox add-ons do you use to harden your browser experince etc.?

Why flashblock? Read the description and it seems it only blocks flash.

Firefox does not have flash, unless you install it. Chrome has flash in-built ( and you can disable it)
So you can disable flash without an extension IMHO

Reactions: OutOfBounds

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
I'd like to add another thing: I wonder if ublock origin could replace all extensions we use .
I meant : it has many filters for tracking/ cookies /etc..
Furthermore if you open the logger of ublock you can see all the scripts etc of that webpage you are surfing , and block everything creating rules by clicking on those scripts

In the browser ( FF in my case, I know it better than chrome I think ) you can disable Dom storage , block third party cookies.. There is also a another filter againsy tracking but I can't use some website properly if I enable it

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
uBlock Origin
Ghostery
EU's YourOnlineChoices plugin (probably pretty useless though)
Google Privacy

and (though not a Firefox extension) Ye Olde Peerblock

Last edited:
Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
it would appear umatrix has the capability of making self destructing cookies and a couple more of those extensions redundant.Might be worth a look.

OutOfBounds

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
Why flashblock? Read the description and it seems it only blocks flash.

Firefox does not have flash, unless you install it. Chrome has flash in-built ( and you can disable it)
So you can disable flash without an extension IMHO
Thanks, ill remove Flashblock

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.