Advice Request Firefox Quantum: Suggestions for security, privacy and ad blocker extensions?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
… uBlock Origin is a solid content blocker with very good memory management. It's dependent on the quality of lists used. It's the only extension I use on Edge, but again, I'm not focused on privacy.

Have you tried Nano Adblocker on Edge? Trying it now and may replace uBO. Like yourself, my only Edge add-on.

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Hello! I'm using the followings:

1) Canvas Blocker
2) Canvas Defender
3) HTTPS Everywhere
4) Trace
5) Privacy Badger
6) uBlock Origin
7) Cookie AutoDelete

My question is: Am I using any duplicate extensions? Could I remove some without diminishing my privacy?

Thanks!

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hello! I'm using the followings:

1) Canvas Blocker
2) Canvas Defender
3) HTTPS Everywhere
4) Trace
5) Privacy Badger
6) uBlock Origin
7) Cookie AutoDelete

My question is: Am I using any duplicate extensions? Could I remove some without diminishing my privacy?

Thanks!
Actually, Privacy Badger is about blocking cookies. If you set in 'Privacy & Security' to 'Block cookies and site data' but make exceptions (e.g. for forums, emails etc) then there's no need of Privacy Badger since there's no cookies to block. And your Cookie AutoDelete also don't work.

If you want your Cookie AutoDelete to work then you must accept cookies

You choose one way.

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Actually, Privacy Badger is about blocking cookies. If you set in 'Privacy & Security' to 'Block cookies and site data' but make exceptions (e.g. for forums, emails etc) then there's no need of Privacy Badger since there's no cookies to block. And your Cookie AutoDelete also don't work.

If you want your Cookie AutoDelete to work then you must accept cookies

You choose one way.
Thank you! I'll follow your tips.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Added - ClearURLs and Skip Redirect

Removed - Coin Mining Blocker and Mining Blocker extensions since I have filters in uBlock Origin and Heilig Defense MinerOff for protection

Removed - Canvas Defender since already have Fingerprinting protection in ScriptSafe and Trace

Removed - Smart HTTPS since many websites now are HTTPS

1) YouTube Container
2) Temporary Containers
3) uBlock origin
4) ClearURLs
5) Skip Redirect
6) Cookie AutoDelete
7) Decentraleyes
8) ScriptSafe
9) IDN Safe
10) Keyboard Privacy
11) Poper Blocker
12) TrackMeNot
13) CyDec Platform Anti-Fingerprinting
14) Trace

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.