FireShootSK

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Is my config strong or weak?
If weak write why.

Update 28.8.2015
Hello guys again, after long time updating my system config. Well, i'm using again Arch Linux with XFCE because i think is more stable that Ubuntu/Fedora/OpenSUSE or Windows on my computer.I don't have any very special software on my PC now just standard software for malware, cleaning and protecting web traffic.

GUI: XFCE 4
--------------

Desktop
1vMiTN3.jpg

Last edited:

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Pretty good config if you ask me :D. Personally, I wouldn't use 360 & Kaspersky at the same time. I don't have a preference since they're both respectively good. The only thing that I would add would be something called herdProtect.

http://www.herdprotect.com/

"herdProtect is a second line of defense malware scanning platform powered by 68 anti-malware engines in the cloud. Since no single anti-malware program is perfect 100% of the time, herdProtect utilizes a 'herd' of multiple engines to guarantee the widest coverage and the earliest possible detection. As a second line of defense anti-malware solution, herdProtect is designed to run with any existing anti-virus program already installed on a user's PC. herdProtect is a free service to help user's find and remove malicious software."

Thanks for sharing your config!

S

Sr. Normal

I do not understand the two AVs working together, like says @Paul Lee , I think it would be better protected your computer with just one. If you decide to Qihoo you can always go with a good firewall. In my case works perfectly with ZoneAlarm free and many teammates have with Comodo and others with Privatefirewall . They are very strong all three combos.
Furthermore already have very good demand scanners

Let me recommend LastPass extension. Is safe and very convenient to have it on your computer , especially if you work with multiple browsers.

Very good configuration , thanks for sharing

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So far everything is good however the AV's concern.

Qihoo 360 IS is a pretty good security software since it not just their engine and cloud but including Bitdefender as well (signatures). Only firewall lacks on the component but Windows Firewall is already fine.

KIS is a strong suite for paid version, you can tweak lots of configuration and no need for any complements of security software.

Just choose one and ready to go.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
Yes i using 2 firewalls. Of course i'm stupid i miss wrote it. Already installed.
2 firewalls at same time:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:? why?

I recommend Comodo IS and forget everything else:p
use MCShield, EEK or Malwarebytes free or premium and you have a great protection.

your config is great but, 2 firewalls? why?:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.