firestar001's Security Configuration

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
Windows Update: Turned on
System Utility: jetclean,wisecare 365

Any suggestions and areas of improvement????
Regards. ;)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Along side WSAAV i would possibly pair with a HIPS/Software Firewall, maybe Online Armor Free or Private Firewall.
Browser plug in i highly recommend is HTTPS Everywhere.

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
NSG001 said:
Along side WSAAV i would possibly pair with a HIPS/Software Firewall, maybe Online Armor Free or Private Firewall.
Browser plug in i highly recommend is HTTPS Everywhere.

U MEAN HTTPS FINDER ADDON IN MOZILLA FIREFOX?

D

Deleted member 178

Just to correct one point, WSA doesn't have a true firewall, its "firewall" is just an outbound connection monitor, it doesn't protect you from inbound connections nor it monitors the packets.
Unless you keep Win8 built-in firewall, adding one firewall will be wise.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Like Umbra said use Windows 8 firewall or a free 3rd party such as Zone Alarm,Comodo,OA

I guess we should add Java status to the security configuration wizard now.

If Java is installed Update it and then disable it

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
For browser addons, you can add Lastpass, Adblock Plus, WOT and No Script. There the ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.