Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
As it is mentioned in the FirewallHardening Help, the outbound connections are blocked by Windows policies. All outbound connection of the LOLBin is blocked.@Andy Ful
Do blocking outbound connection of lolbins also block legitimate traffic or just useless telemetry?
What I meant is, is the legitimate traffic from LOLBins important for windows normal functionality or just something not important.As it is mentioned in the FirewallHardening Help, the outbound connections are blocked by Windows policies. All outbound connection of the LOLBin is blocked.
What I meant is, is the legitimate traffic from LOLBins important for windows normal functionality or just something not important.
The question was not about whether all traffic is blocked, but if some of the traffic is IMPORTANT for windows functionality.What is unclear in the: All outbound connection of the LOLBin is blocked?
Yes, I should write:
All outbound connections of the LOLBin are blocked.
Along with firewall hardening I use Simplewall to block all connections, only allowing Apps I use like browser and F-Secure and haven't faced any issue regarding Windows functionality.The question was not about whether all traffic is blocked, but if some of the traffic is IMPORTANT for windows functionality.
Do we have any idea why they connect to Microsoft servers and what they do with it and if so connection to Microsoft's ip addresses could be whitelisted along with their port they are using.
The question was not about whether all traffic is blocked, but if some of the traffic is IMPORTANT for windows functionality.
Do we have any idea why they connect to Microsoft servers and what they do with it and if so connection to Microsoft's ip addresses could be whitelisted along with their port they are using.

That's why you should check the blocked connections log and have a working backup. No dev can guarantee you a 100% problem free experience. You can always be one of the 0.5% exceptional cases (number made up).I mean that if any problems can happen to windows functionality by blocking lolbins outside connection.
I mean that if any problems can happen to windows functionality by blocking lolbins outside connection.
FirewallHardening 3.0.0.1
Added new certificate - no functional changes.
Go to your firewall settings, then advanced settings and then to outbound rules. There you can see all the Firewall Hardening rules that are applied:Hi @Andy Ful !
First of all, thank you very much for your software!
Please if possible, I would like to ask you a favor: At your your FirewallHardening, how can I see the firewall rules? Please, I would like to take a look at all the firewall rules that FirewallHardening uses.
For example, FirewallHardening has rules for LOLBins, MSOffice, Adobe, Recommended H_C, and External Block List. Please, if possible, how can I get a list of those rules?
Thank you in advance!
Go to your firewall settings, then advanced settings and then to outbound rules. There you can see all the Firewall Hardening rules that are applied
You can use the <Save> button under "External Blocklist". This will export the current rules to the text file.Hi @Andy Ful !
Please if possible, I would like to ask you a favor: At your your FirewallHardening, how can I see the firewall rules? Please, I would like to take a look at all the firewall rules that FirewallHardening uses.
You can use the <Save> button under "External Blocklist". This will export the current rules to the text file.
@Andy Ful , thanks for your contact.
My interest, and what I asked you, please if possible, is to see the list with all the "rules" (not just the paths), and by "rules" I mean the list of all the commands
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes