First ‘Heartless’ Man

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In March of last year, Craig Lewis, 55, was dying from a heart condition that caused build-ups of abnormal proteins, and not even a pacemaker could help save his life.

But two doctors from the Texas Heart Institute proposed a revolutionary new solution – install a ‘continuous flow’ device that would allow blood to circulate his body without a pulse.

Dr Billy Cohn and Dr Bud Frazier installed the device after removing Mr Lewis’ heart. Within a day, the patient was up and speaking with physicians.

Read More: Source (Image & Video)

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
The impact that devices like these have on society is massive. Obviously right now having one of these would probably shorten life span but with more research you could end up having a device function better than a human heart, without the mess of heart attacks or worrying about fatty buildup etc. Crazy to think about where these things can lead.

D

Deleted member 178

Amazing, i will start applying for the "Repo men" job :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1053424/

Btw, im sure Skynet is behind this !

RDTatel

Jan 1, 2012
Amazing !! This man is lucky, Congratulations to the Doctors, they did a great job !

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
That's great! I wonder how humans use only about 5% of the brain and getting all these ideas...

I hope you're being sarcastic, because the whole 'only use 10%' thing is a myth. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.