Request First 5 threads to be moderated for new members

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Sure, they can comment on those existing threads about the new trending software, instead of spamming the forums with new threads.

Even posting it on an existing thread there will be notifications anyway. If the occurrence of repeated threads is what you talk about then MT staffs can move the thread to the necessary location, there is no need for moderation to that.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
That’s why you get paid the BIG $$$$! :LOL:
An average day of MalwareTips's Staff
tenor.gif

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Even posting it on an existing thread there will be notifications anyway. If the occurrence of repeated threads is what you talk about then MT staffs can move the thread to the necessary location, there is no need for moderation to that.
It's either moderate the threads so they don't post the same threads again and again, or end up merging the threads. Moderation is required anyways, and deleting is easier than merging I believe.

Reactions: lowdetection

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I am against moderation. Moderation should only be used unless absolutely needed. The more moderation in place the more dead the forum will be. Regarding the "best anti virus" it keeps changing, there is nothing wrong people asking it occasionally. People here can read and share their new opinions of AVs each time.
I'm against jailing people. The more guys you jail, the less crimes there will be commited.

It's all about making the rules be followed. It's right there, you can read it. No spamming.

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I think on this forum people is usually able to moderate themself and respect others,

I saw only 2 rare events that were handled in hard way, and with reasons.

Sometime people get a little upset for suggestions inside the config, but in the end is only a suggestion, final user make the choice.

I agree with @RoboMan about some threads, I usually skip them :)

OXMLAS

Jan 21, 2019
I'm new here and my post cannot show up. this is my 1st post. How can I make it shown up? thanks

This is my post link: Discuss - What can I do when my Facebook page got hacked and my Facebook account functions abnormally, and my computer got spied?

I see my post got displayed for 30 minutes, but after I posted my reply that contains a link to youtube describing the hack of my FB, it said my post is waiting for moderation again. I logged out to view my post. I cannot. It looks like my post has been deleted. Discuss - What can I do when my Facebook page got hacked and my Facebook account functions abnormally, and my computer got spied?

Please help me to get it how up again. If necessary just remove the Youtube link. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vtqhtr413

Hollow

Level 3
Verified
Dec 29, 2018
Better pin the basic requirements of the new users like
1.antivirus discussions
2.basic malware removal

Maybe if they receive PM the basic threads that everyone needed
They didn’t need to create the new same thread as the old thread

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.