Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
After a couple of weeks on tinkering with the newly released Internet Explorer (IE) 9, and a host of other Web browsers, I have to say that while 32-bit IE 9 is much better than any other version of IE to date, it’s still not my first pick for a Web browser. Here’s why.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/five-reasons-not-to-8220upgrade-8221-to-windows-8217-internet-explorer-9/817?tag=mantle_skin;content

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
3. The 64-bit version of IE 9 is second-rate.

Of course, when I say that IE 9 is faster, I’m talking about the 32-bit version. The 64-bit model is a dog. It’s several times slower than all the other browsers when it comes to JavaScript
Very interesting point...Didn't know that...

5.Lack of Compatibility

I’ll let Ed Bott, ZDNet’s resident Windows tech expert say it for me, “I’ve spent hours studying the different signals that websites and Internet Explorer can exchange with one another, and I came away with a splitting headache. More importantly, even after reading that I’ve found multiple sites that simply won’t display quite right in IE 9. On one page hosted at blogspot.com, the only way to get text to wrap properly was to press F12 and use the Developer Tools to send a different User-Agent string to the site.”
Agree 100%... this is the BIG and MAIN problem in IE 9.... one example is malwaretips.com layout which dosen't load right when you use IE (or Opera).

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
I've also noticed the problem with malwaretips.com and another site as well with IE9 and have reverted back to old reliable Firefox.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What problems do you see with malwaretips.com when using IE9?

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
Well at first I got this security waring pop up (can't remember exactly what it said) so I chose to load the page, and after that each time I would go from one page to another on this site there was this fairly long pause. This does not happen with Firefox or Chrome for that matter.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The warning is due to the security certificate errors (if you use https://), but I think that has been disabled or removed. Not entirely sure.

I've been using IE9, so far working good for me. Then again I am only using it for a certain number of websites.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
IE does not support modern techniques of writing websites (among them CSS 3), and a good example is this site.
IE/Opera

Chrome/FF
ijQjGi.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Well another reason not to use Opera either. :p :lol: I don't use IE9 for primary web browsing, so it explains why I won't complain about it.

Point #3 is just picking on IE, at least MS have an official 64-bit version unlike other web browser.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I've also noticed the problem with malwaretips.com and another site as well with IE9 and have reverted back to old reliable Firefox.
If it was the message: "To help protect your security, IE has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors" it was caused by a plugin that used https://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js and added it to our header.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
That very well may have been what I saw, I knew it was nothing to be concerned about. I am on IE9 now and all is going smoothly here now, so oh well:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.