Technology Five takeaways from the US antitrust lawsuit against Apple

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I stumbled across this YouTube video by techie (ftp -- FrontPageTech) who seems to agree with me or with Apple that the DOJ lawsuit makes no sense... fwiw... ie I am not alone. He apparently read the 88 page petition. Video is 14 min. You need to get listen from the beginning regarding Apple's vertical success, but more importantly goto 7m30 where he starts going through the petition. (I understand there are probably YT videos that side with the DOJ...)

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
FrontPageTech is missing the point. The DOJ is asserting that it is Apple's decision of vertical integration that is wrong. In short, everything that makes Apple, well, Apple is fundamentally flawed. It has nothing to do with it's features and everything to do with the exclusionary choices they made.

And don't forget, even Windows was forced to allow more 3rd party software and the expense of Microsoft's built-in options; IE< Windows Media Player, etc. This is no different than what MS was forced to do, and we all benefited.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.