Fix Internet Connection after Malware Removal

B

Brian

Thread author
Hi guys,

I created a new page: http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/fix-internet-connection/

You may experience Internet connection problems after you remove malicious software. When you try to connect to the Internet, you may receive one of the following error messages:

I would appreciate any feedback. :)

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
RE: [New] Fix Internet Connection after Malware Removal

I found Windows 7 does a good job with automatic troubleshooting. Right click the network icon bottom right and utilize the troubleshoot problems or your could also get acquainted with the ipconfig as well

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

But especially do not forget to mention the UVK, please ..;)

Direct carifred.com link: http://www.carifred.com/uvk/

Our topic: Ultra Virus Killer - virus removal and system repair tool: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Ultra-Virus-Killer-virus-removal-and-system-repair-tool

All fixes are here.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

KillSwitch whose included in Comodo Cleaning Essentials have also the fixes in related internet connection not fully but it can be useful for the fix.

B

Brian

Thread author
Update:

- Added a last updated date
- Added network support forums (Further Help)
- Added a new section: What malware causes Internet connection problems?
- Revised important note for reg and bat files

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
The most easy way to fix internet problems when Windows automatic troubleshooting fails is Microsoft FixIt. It does everything for you automatically no manual tweaking required.

Thanks.:D

B

Brian

Thread author
malwarekiller said:
Actually,we need to first find the problem using farbar service scanner and then start with registry fixes. :cool

I agree, but a novice user would have problems using it and understanding the results.  However, I may add instructions in the near future. :)

I wish there was a tool that would automatically fix the drivers.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Littlebits said:
The most easy way to fix internet problems when Windows automatic troubleshooting fails is Microsoft FixIt. It does everything for you automatically no manual tweaking required.

Thanks.:D

That does fix the registry corruptions..obviously it would be able to create a registry fix which i can :p

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012

Prorootect said:
But especially do not forget to mention the UVK, please ..;)

wonder if any help forum is using UVK..i have seen its command lines and other stuff but i feel to stick to my tools like OTL,aswmbr,TDSSKiller,KRD etc

Fiona_scrol

Mar 14, 2012
Brian said:
malwarekiller said:
Actually,we need to first find the problem using farbar service scanner and then start with registry fixes. :cool

I agree, but a novice user would have problems using it and understanding the results.  However, I may add instructions in the near future. :)

I wish there was a tool that would automatically fix the drivers.

Look forward your instruction for novice user.
:D

B

Brian

Thread author
Update:

- Changed instructions and added Farbar Service Scanner

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.