FMA Intel-Secure: (CCSU PR-Guard) Edition 2014 Official Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Yes a windows 8 version might be at the horizon, yet the program itself is aimed at the industry and it functions are also written with the industry in mind, Windows 8 is NOT being used within the industry as Windows 8 is a massive, epic costly fail and from what i have noticed within the industry is that companies would LOVE to hold on to XP or Windows 7 in this case as there is nothing but problems windows 8 can offer them.
Also the alleged surveillance and other big brother type of functions within Windows 8 will stop companies using it.
Hence why its rumored that windows 9 is being made which is to some a upgraded windows 8 but then with the functionality windows xp and 7 did have so that MS can tackle the HUGE loss they are taking with Windows 8.
And while i want to satisfy my own costumers i really do not see my program be a + to windows 8, specially because windows 8 is basically a brain death OS.
In terms of options and such Windows 7 is far more capable. As i said it remain to be seen what i will do.
Another issue is that While windows 8 is suppose to be so much more advanced then windows 7 it is very weak in terms of real security.
Sure from a home perspective it has way more to offer then Windows 7, but for a company Windows 8 is just a liability.

I could give you the example of last week, last week at clients company we installed 10 client PC's with Windows 8 and we did have a MS server taking care of them, in Admin mode.
Well boy o boy it was bad...
Usually the company network blocks around 10/100 targeted malware attacks and on average over 20000 rule based attacks every so odd couple of hours. As the company has a massive world wide network and is on a triple A hitlist by cyber criminals (If a cyber criminal is going to hack a company for technological and personal gain then our client is certainly on the list to be attacked.
According to the Security within the OS itself everything was suppose to be squeaky clean, but after close up investigation it turns out Windows 8 was being ripped to pieces from the inside out.
I tell you what i have not yet come across a OS that is so well rounded for home use (granted!) yet on the same time i did not come across a OS yet that has such a weak internal security as windows 8 from a industrial perspective.
Also the amount of traffic generated by Windows 8 is 6 times as much then all other previous versions, and if you block that traffic or try to turn it off then Windows 8 crashes.
So where is this traffic going? Make a educated guess!!!!
Needless to say the company demanded that we stop the test and remove Windows 8 from the test computers.
I quote: "I do not want Windows 8 CD within 100 meters from any PC because its so malicious that it even would manage to infect the system with MS fail while not even being installed."
And to me personally this comes from the CEO of one of our massive clients, they have 15 times more computers and servers worldwide running then MS itself. (Not going to say names) period)
Me and my team have proven that Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 SP1 have both more standoff and far better security (when hardened and tweaked) then windows 8 as it is a 100% fail at that point there is absolutly nothing windows 8 has to offer for any company with more then 1 computer!!!!. And totally hyped in many ways. But then again if you talk to sources within the MS company then this is painfully clear, as there are more possible bugs within windows 8 and more unforeseen problems then on, XP, VISTA and Windows 7 combined.
So go figure.

In regards to the hotfix i am making , it is ready, i just did not find the time yet to compile it into the new version.
I might do that today.... So stay tuned for a update.

Hmm, can you elaborate on why this is so? I only know that Windows 8 is very integrated with the cloud, but if you disable all the options in privacy settings it should be fine? And the TPM controversy of course, but is there anything else?

I would really love to see you make a Windows 8 version :D

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Hmm, can you elaborate on why this is so? I only know that Windows 8 is very integrated with the cloud, but if you disable all the options in privacy settings it should be fine? And the TPM controversy of course, but is there anything else?

I would really love to see you make a Windows 8 version :D

Whats there to elaborate about Windows 8? Everyone knows that its a fail from top to bottom.
Sure it might be the most advanced "home oriented" OS yet but thats the only good part about it. From a industrial POV Microsoft should pay the companies to even look at the installation screen of Windows 8 as its that bad.
Anyway there is a lot more to it, my advise would be hit Google do some read-up because i am not going to repeat what so many others have said before. And i think that my previous posts where pretty self explaining.

Reactions: Moose and Cch123

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
13 August 2014 we will be releasing the Apple and Linux (FMA Cent OS Hybrid Live CD) application.
Next to this we will be releasing Windows server (ALL) edition.
It took us months work but the master piece is finally ready.

That being said the FMA CCSU 7182-A update has been given a totally new overhaul and will be released soon under the FMA CCSU 8000 Series.

As many of you guys know update by update we changed the program into a mature version based upon the modular principle which means we can add and modify function on the fly.
Soon the FMA Windows Live CD will be available, it has all the features the main program has but it also has build-in software and options that can bring back almost every computer as long the hardware and firmware is untouched.
And in some cases it can even repair hardware, by adding missing firmware.

So far we are planning to release a Bios version as well that can flash and unplug a bios back do default state no matter what brand, however due to legal issues we are having talks with major BIOS vendors in order to obtain factory access to BIOS config and supporting chipsets.
Needless to say this might take a while, yet the sun smiles at us as we are also talking to 3 Major Security companies to bundle our strength and pool our resources.

Anyway now you guys are up to date again.

D

Deleted member 21043

13 August 2014 we will be releasing the Apple and Linux (FMA Cent OS Hybrid Live CD) application.
Next to this we will be releasing Windows server (ALL) edition.
It took us months work but the master piece is finally ready.

That being said the FMA CCSU 7182-A update has been given a totally new overhaul and will be released soon under the FMA CCSU 8000 Series.

As many of you guys know update by update we changed the program into a mature version based upon the modular principle which means we can add and modify function on the fly.
Soon the FMA Windows Live CD will be available, it has all the features the main program has but it also has build-in software and options that can bring back almost every computer as long the hardware and firmware is untouched.
And in some cases it can even repair hardware, by adding missing firmware.

So far we are planning to release a Bios version as well that can flash and unplug a bios back do default state no matter what brand, however due to legal issues we are having talks with major BIOS vendors in order to obtain factory access to BIOS config and supporting chipsets.
Needless to say this might take a while, yet the sun smiles at us as we are also talking to 3 Major Security companies to bundle our strength and pool our resources.

Anyway now you guys are up to date again.
The BIOS idea, I like it. However I have not nor know anyone who have had that problem. But still it's a good idea :)

Plasmadragon

Level 1
May 26, 2014
The BIOS idea, I like it. However I have not nor know anyone who have had that problem. But still it's a good idea :)
Well here is the interesting little nugget that you may like to hear about, there are some malicious software injection packages which deliver payloads that target the firmware and BIOS of common brands of motherboards and chipsets which corrupt the firmware / BIOS in such a way so as to create the perfect environment for further malicious activity. Whether by creating shadow volumes, altering the core features of the motherboard, or otherwise diverting data toward some purpose not user approved, all without blatantly damaging the system's operational ability or frying the system outright just so that a person who is unaware of the demons under the hood can provide all sorts of fantastic information for black hats.

You don't always have to be getting the BSoD to be corrupted to the core you know, actually, I daresay MOST malicious software does its best to disguise itself as regular activity or bland files specifically to avoid detection. If something is never seen as malicious, you cannot exactly take care of the underlying problems a system may be experiencing because of the invisible actor.

N.NVT's purpose from what I can tell is to approach the security of any system from a standpoint which begins from the moment a device is activated onward, with every process, every packet of data, every data volume, OS, firmware, shell, file, rule, address, or otherwise software related action with some degree of scrutiny. The higher the level of scrutiny he can achieve, the more likely it is that this program will be a new gold standard for avoidance of detection for malicious software creators. (meaning he will have raised the bar)

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
FMA SBIM (System BIOS Integrity Monitor) Has now gone into Pre-Alpha phase.
Currently AMI and Phoenix Chipsets seem to pass the tests with flying colors, only Award chipsets seem to have a serious problem.
However whiule its being silent in terms of updates and news, i can announce that a MASSIVE update + lots of new and improved features are being prepared for a totally new version, which comes modular.
Just drop and drag and run its that simple.
Yet as i said we are at pr-Alpha stage and i was this close to cancel the project as it tested our team beyond the scope of our abilities.
However due a good friday evening where we did meet up and enjoyed a cold beer and a GREAT bbq we found ourself having a little einstein moment. One of our developers did have a drink to much and he made a crazy suggestion, little did we know.
Next day in his own free time he added it to the program and guess what? it works...
So miracles do happen...

Stay tuned.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Good News, Epic News, OMFG NEWS NEWS NEWS
FMA SBIM (System BIOS Integrity Monitor) has almost reached pre-beta stage and given the huge amount of work within a relative short time this is a MEGA accomplishment.

New features added:
Input/output (I/O) devices processing and analysis
Random-access memory debugging and source level analysis
CPU/GPU Central processing and cross calls analysis
CPU Modes and benchmarking & firmware validation
Hardware factory firmware source level debugging & compiling = repair/reset

These new features do not ring a bell to most of you, but those few here on MT with PC knowledge will directly notice that this is a mega leap forward in the capabilities this program has.
If you look at the "Input/output (I/O) devices processing and analysis" and "Hardware factory firmware source level debugging & compiling = repair/reset" then you immediately see that while the program has ZERO rootkit capabilities it can simply flush a dedicated root level rootkit out of existents just by replacing the current/infected firmware by a updated factory firmware fix that enables the system to be cleaned at the lowest level. The amounts of data and detail of the binary firmware log files is so extensive that and so accurate that i venture to say that it unless a malware/hacker attack breaks computer laws it will be logged and can be cleaned.
Which instantly makes FMA Intel-Secure the second company in the world that has this ability.
The other company is a French military software developer which exclusively makes software for NATO members (Dunno their name)

Results are promising yet i have to be skeptical as while the results are good, the program is getting to a point where normal computer science is getting sketchy. Our company has requested a Dutch governmental cyber security organization to simulate a deep level dedicated attack with the aim to break a test server and snoop all the data, without leaving traces.
And our program is going to search for those traces after the event happened.

Ones all the details are set we will officially announce the results...

So stay tuned as more wild wild things are coming..
So leave your comments below.

Last edited:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
sounds like very promising ...did not know that now I need BIOS protection too.

Reactions: Nico@FMA

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
sounds like very promising ...did not know that now I need BIOS protection too.

Well you do not need BIOS protection as your regular antivirus will stop BIOS malware. Yet dedicated attacks is a different story and does usually not apply to home computers..

Reactions: starchild76

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your excitement, and the latest advancements of your team, before and after the bar-be-que, n.nvt.:D There was such a quickening rush as I found myself reading some excerpts aloud to my wife whom I can see, not far away, sitting at her desk in another room.:p
Additionally, the comments of Anupam, Plasmadragon, Kram.., Cch 123, and your replies, have made this an enthralling thread!:):)

Am I understanding correctly that even as 'dedicated attacks do not usually apply to home computers..', with the release of the FMA Windows Live CD, we can be thoroughly battened down and safe come Hell or High water Hacking?o_O ;):)..which actually sounds quite appealing!!:cool:

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your excitement, and the latest advancements of your team, before and after the bar-be-que, n.nvt.:D There was such a quickening rush as I found myself reading some excerpts aloud to my wife whom I can see, not far away, sitting at her desk in another room.:p
Additionally, the comments of Anupam, Plasmadragon, Kram.., Cch 123, and your replies, have made this an enthralling thread!:):)

Am I understanding correctly that even as 'dedicated attacks do not usually apply to home computers..', with the release of the FMA Windows Live CD, we can be thoroughly battened down and safe come Hell or High water Hacking?o_O ;):)..which actually sounds quite appealing!!:cool:

What do you mean with this?:
Am I understanding correctly that even as 'dedicated attacks do not usually apply to home computers..', with the release of the FMA Windows Live CD, we can be thoroughly battened down and safe come Hell or High water Hacking?o_O;):)..which actually sounds quite appealing!!

I am not sure what you are trying to say but if it is what i think you have to realize that my software is not a protection its a tool for "AFTER" a hack/malware or cybercrime event.
However due to the nature of my software and the availability of factory firmware scripts the program can repair rootkit and dedicated variations added by a attacker which usually are undetected by traditional protection as we are talking about chipset level firmware which is normally not accessible by normal software.
That said in order to gain access to these deep level data storages you need much more then just a malware or simple hack attack.
So its reasonable safe to say that a home user will never get in contact with such high level attacks and modifications as its way beyond the scope of traditional hacking clubs.

And to be clear here these additions i made a based upon Asian hacking dangers which are 9/10 times governmental sponsored. And if its done by a normal hacking club then its rare..
The aim is not to protect, but the aim is to see what happened within the system regardless the origin, and to make sure the system can be repaired from such attacks and read the actual changes made by a third party regardless of technological level we need to go deep. And having original factory BIOS and firmware blueprints within the program is a major leap as it will 1 vs 1 log the changes.... in detail. And thus enable true forensics.
As this is the only way to be able to log beyond the point of what normal cybercrime can do...

Cheers

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Good News, Epic News, OMFG NEWS NEWS NEWS
FMA SBIM (System BIOS Integrity Monitor) has almost reached pre-beta stage and given the huge amount of work within a relative short time this is a MEGA accomplishment.

New features added:
Input/output (I/O) devices processing and analysis
Random-access memory debugging and source level analysis
CPU/GPU Central processing and cross calls analysis
CPU Modes and benchmarking & firmware validation
Hardware factory firmware source level debugging & compiling = repair/reset

These new features do not ring a bell to most of you, but those few here on MT with PC knowledge will directly notice that this is a mega leap forward in the capabilities this program has.
If you look at the "Input/output (I/O) devices processing and analysis" and "Hardware factory firmware source level debugging & compiling = repair/reset" then you immediately see that while the program has ZERO rootkit capabilities it can simply flush a dedicated root level rootkit out of existents just by replacing the current/infected firmware by a updated factory firmware fix that enables the system to be cleaned at the lowest level. The amounts of data and detail of the binary firmware log files is so extensive that and so accurate that i venture to say that it unless a malware/hacker attack breaks computer laws it will be logged and can be cleaned.
Which instantly makes FMA Intel-Secure the second company in the world that has this ability.
The other company is a French military software developer which exclusively makes software for NATO members (Dunno their name)

Results are promising yet i have to be skeptical as while the results are good, the program is getting to a point where normal computer science is getting sketchy. Our company has requested a Dutch governmental cyber security organization to simulate a deep level dedicated attack with the aim to break a test server and snoop all the data, without leaving traces.
And our program is going to search for those traces after the event happened.

Ones all the details are set we will officially announce the results...

So stay tuned as more wild wild things are coming..
So leave your comments below.

Any updates on the windows 8.1 version for home users? You make me feel like "downgrading" to windows 7.....:D

Really great work Nico.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
What do you mean with this?:
Am I understanding correctly that even as 'dedicated attacks do not usually apply to home computers..', with the release of the FMA Windows Live CD, we can be thoroughly battened down and safe come Hell or High water Hacking?o_O;):)..which actually sounds quite appealing!!

I am not sure what you are trying to say but if it is what i think you have to realize that my software is not a protection its a tool for "AFTER" a hack/malware or cybercrime event.
However due to the nature of my software and the availability of factory firmware scripts the program can repair rootkit and dedicated variations added by a attacker which usually are undetected by traditional protection as we are talking about chipset level firmware which is normally not accessible by normal software.
That said in order to gain access to these deep level data storages you need much more then just a malware or simple hack attack.
So its reasonable safe to say that a home user will never get in contact with such high level attacks and modifications as its way beyond the scope of traditional hacking clubs.

And to be clear here these additions i made a based upon Asian hacking dangers which are 9/10 times governmental sponsored. And if its done by a normal hacking club then its rare..
The aim is not to protect, but the aim is to see what happened within the system regardless the origin, and to make sure the system can be repaired from such attacks and read the actual changes made by a third party regardless of technological level we need to go deep. And having original factory BIOS and firmware blueprints within the program is a major leap as it will 1 vs 1 log the changes.... in detail. And thus enable true forensics.
As this is the only way to be able to log beyond the point of what normal cybercrime can do...

Cheers
Thank you, n.nvt, for your far reaching depth of response and explanation. In understanding the scope of organized hackers, it seems fitting to compare response readiness and how damage is dealt with when natural disaster occurs. Knowing such an event is rare is merely a component of the larger reality that it simply cannot be stopped. So, in a similar circumstance, the ability to respond to such devastation lies, as you've vividly illustrated, in the required ability to repair the :eek:damage that's been done. Yes.:) I see more deeply your lesson: "OEM BIOS, firmware blueprints within the program, 1 vs 1 log of changes, and enabling True forensics...beyond the point of the norm."

As the Character, Neo, said in the "Matrix", "Whoa-OH!!":cool: :D

Reactions: Nico@FMA

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Any updates on the windows 8.1 version for home users? You make me feel like "downgrading" to windows 7.....:D

Really great work Nico.

Well Windows 8 is really not a option for my program, as companies do not use it, so there is no point for me even trying to develop a version.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Thank you, n.nvt, for your far reaching depth of response and explanation. In understanding the scope of organized hackers, it seems fitting to compare response readiness and how damage is dealt with when natural disaster occurs. Knowing such an event is rare is merely a component of the larger reality that it simply cannot be stopped. So, in a similar circumstance, the ability to respond to such devastation lies, as you've vividly illustrated, in the required ability to repair the :eek:damage that's been done. Yes.:) I see more deeply your lesson: "OEM BIOS, firmware blueprints within the program, 1 vs 1 log of changes, and enabling True forensics...beyond the point of the norm."

As the Character, Neo, said in the "Matrix", "Whoa-OH!!":cool: :D

Yes pretty much.
My program will not only target criminal activity but it will target ANY activity and will log that for later review by a forensic expert.
The philosophy behind such deep level analysis is found in the last 2 years of governmental and high level hacker clubs who deploy increasingly more advanced malware and attack techniques that are just beyond the reach of traditional security.
After careful study of reports and malware reports provided by industry partners and governmental cyber organizations it has become clear that 7 out of 10 targeted attacks just goes past any security and only being noticed weeks later when the event already happened.
And one of the big issues is that out of those 7 attacks that succeed only 2 of them are being traced back to the origin and being documented where other attacks often remain a mystery in some ways...
So after being invited to several key cyber security events the industry did make clear statements that proof ones again that security as a whole is not just one step back but maybe 10 steps back compared to the toolbox available to hackers.

That said some attacks are just art, and reverse engineering such attack is really hard even for leading experts and key organizations.
And the Achilles heel of each investigation is to much data and to less usable data.
They manage to log key events but they lack the roadmap of the attack, hence why my program is being designed to fill that gab.
At least we are going to attempt to fill it ... So one could say in order to see the DNA of a computer you sort of have to get down to DNA level and extract the data and this is exactly what we are trying to do.

Cheers

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
p.jpg

Reactions: amz

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
znG5Yio.png

Massive update:
FMA Intel-Secure (CCSU PR-Guard) Edition 2014 Version: 9.1.8.8 (Old version was: 7.1.8.2-A) Windows 7 ONLY
You can download it now from: http://fma-is.com

What has changed? Well the UI has gone trough a nice overhaul and the core itself from the application has gone trough a polishing overhaul.
So performance wise the program must react faster, and process the used resources in a more economic way.
The application has been digitally signed now, and virus total reports ZERO detection's
We removed some obsolete scanning options and added some improved ones, and we have hardened the core against corruption and hijacking. This still does not mean that our program can defend itself as it was not written to do that, however when it runs it will not allow tampering with the logs that are being generated during a live scan.
We added: A user manual, website and support button and we have hard coded that our software cannot run within VM.
I have received over 60 complains from all kinds of people who cannot understand what Windows 7 means and the warning not to run our software in VM mode. So i have written a whole manual for those who cannot listen.

In short all together we have added around 170 news features and we removed 45 old ones, you will see that the old package was 715KB in size, this version is now 3.84MB in size. So ill guess that points out how much work there has gone into this.

Anyway i hope you guys enjoy it and i hope you guys will share it on any website you can find. Review it, talk about it, use it, promote it and tell me what else you would like to see in the program.

Kind Regards Nico

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.