Battle For Android Paid - Kaspersky Internet Security vs G-Data Internet Security

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

Electr0n

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
Among them, I would choose G-data because protection wise both are same as per AV test. However it looks like G-data anti-theft supports sms commands and sim change alert, Kaspersky's anti theft didn't have sms commands.

Sightly off topic, but it seems Google play protect is a complete joke.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Faybert

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Probably i can give u a bit deep :
Actually from factory android phones are strong on default settings(Dont install anything from Un trusted Sources) neither trust Play Store (2 Faces)
I rather separate chinese companies from these list ..since it is a different issue(Their Firmwares are itself equipped with Back doors) probably no av can detect
Unless you don't root an Android phone..probably u are good(Nothing fool proof 100%) but yes in safe hands
Check user reviews , Downloads , Google is your best bet(To search any av vendor information)
Note: Avoid Zoner TrustGO Google Play protect , they are a joke:ROFLMAO:
Regarding AV...If u feel secure with only AV( to Create Fake confidence) in u(Like me).then stick to probably FREE....Since it is unnecessary to run after Premium(Simple way to loot yourself)..Its totally your wish..Rather u can use that money for other purposes... Antiy AVL ,Dr web , G data are in my list...First option may be your best bet...But it is an individual taste.
Regards

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Just found out that Kaspersky and G-data only support android and Chrome for web protection

See here post #12

Q&A - Security app with the web protection for "other" Internet browsers

:rolleyes:
G data doesnt support any of the browsers..it has its limitations(Privacy issues)..it has something called Secure browser which gets installed with av(Free Version)..to reap its web protection ..you should use only their browser not third parties...Similar with few other av(f secure) as well

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
G data doesnt support any of the browsers..it has its limitations(Privacy issues)..it has something called Secure browser which gets installed with av(Free Version)..to reap its web protection ..you should use only their browser not third parties...Similar with few other av(f secure) as well
You download the pdf file and read

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I got this information direct from their Boschum Service centres (When i mailed them )...since i use g data free in my android...it installs Secure Browser..may not have updated information in their pdf since its 2014....Either way u will be safe

Reactions: HarborFront

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
They're both reputable vendors that get good scores from testing labs. Choose which one you prefer based on user experience, pricing and feature set.
Protection percentage isn't something you should be worried about on Android, especially if you don't install anything from outside the Play Store.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
They're both reputable vendors that get good scores from testing labs. Choose which one you prefer based on user experience, pricing and feature set.
Protection percentage isn't something you should be worried about on Android, especially if you don't install anything from outside the Play Store.
The problem now is that I'm not using Samsung and Chrome browsers so there'll be no web protection

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Electr0n

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
You download the pdf file and read
This answers your question(Web protection is paid that too works with their browser)
G data.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Yes i got your question...In the free version (or paid vers) Phishing and Malicious Url blocking are inclined to their browser itself.. Third party apps are supported no more...But their browser is very fast..even for Regular browsing(But there is no specific detection) in either versions of G data when they perform a malware Url block..just the site doesn't load that's it.like automated response as u say,,PHISHING is only for Premium not for free users.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I sadly cannot advise using GData for Android, it lacks major features and some features only work with their own stuff.
I went through all the Android security suite, and considering performance hit and features, I ended up with Bitdefender.
Kaspersky is good too tho.

Reactions: upnorth

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I sadly cannot advise using GData for Android, it lacks major features and some features only work with their own stuff.
I went through all the Android security suite, and considering performance hit and features, I ended up with Bitdefender.
Kaspersky is good too tho.
If I'm not wrong BD do NOT have real-time protection. Its free VPN is only 200MB per day. It supports default android browser/Chrome/FF/Dolphin/Opera and Opera Mini browsers for its web security. Sorry, but I'm not using any of those browsers

Reactions: upnorth

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
well i'm using the premium version and that has real-time protection and web protection that works with most of the browsers.
i really don't care about the VPN tho, I have subs for proper VPNs I use.
Does it supports Tenta/TugaBrowser/Orfox broswers?

Is it based on yearly subscription?

If you buy from Google Play Store will they send you the license key or you need to buy from BD website in order to get the license key?

Thanks

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
BD free (works in cloud) no options are present(as is) automated..YES R.T( When Online) is present but not visible..
Premium adds options menu + web protection+ Other Features

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Does it supports Samsung Internet Browser/Tenta/TugaBrowser/Orfox broswers?

Is it based on yearly subscription?

If you buy from Google Play Store will they send you the license key or you need to buy from BD website in order to get the license key?

Thanks
I got a 6 months sub from a key seller site, but it's usually a yearly sub. You purchase it straight from the app, not from playstore.
It supports Chrome, Firefox, Opera Mini, Opera and Dolphin.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.