Forget Kaspersky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdy2k

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 26, 2014
I bought internet security for my windows 10 64 bit system....safe money crashes my computer......Kaspersky tech support is not helpful at all....even a fresh install on win 10 doesn't help....

I got WSA plus on there now but not sure how well it rolls back malware any suggestions?

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
You're running WSA and KIS simultaneously?

Reactions: Noxx

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are you able to get a refund for Kaspersky Internet Security? If not, how many days ago did you purchase it and from where?

tomdy2k

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 26, 2014
Got it from buycheapsoftware......No refunds since it's activate..two weeks ago....Kaspersky sent me a link for the most updated version..Didn't help..

Reactions: PCGamer and Ink

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Which are the specs of Your system? Which other security applications running with Kaspersky? Exact version of Kaspersky?

Reactions: PCGamer

tomdy2k

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 26, 2014
I don't have Kaspersky on but it was the latest build....I have 4gb of ram...3620 quad core APU......Win 10....no more 7 back up had to remove it for a fresh win 10 install..

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hum I see... anyway this is not enough and complex info about Your system, I have several systems with W10 Pro x86 & x64 running fluently in W10, even in VirtualBox (where I test samples dynamically with Kaspersky).

Last edited:
Reactions: PCGamer and frogboy

tomdy2k

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 26, 2014
They told me the fresh download link would fix it......Then they sent me a diagnostic tool that creates a zip file..even though I send it to them with my case number they claim they never got it..

Last edited:
A

Alkajak

WSA is not in the same league as KIS. WSA is better as a companion AV, whereas Kaspersky has been known to have really good detection as a standalone suite.

If you want the better product (Kaspersky) working on your PC, post more information here or follow the Kaspersky technical support instructions. They say they lost your diagnostic logs? Send it in again. It's the internet, things can get lost along the way. It seems they are trying to help though.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
They told me the fresh download link would fix it......Then they sent me a diagnostic tool that creates a zip file..even though I send it to them with my case number they claim they never got it..
I know Kaspersky Support has not so good reputation, but I think is good or bad depending on Your world region... just it! :eek::oops:

As @Alkajak said, You could try to send them again the GSI report (or the log They asked You with their tool), or create a thread in the official Kaspersky support for users: Kaspersky Lab Forum -> Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows, reading 1st the IMPORTANT topic to post: How to help us help you with a log of your system - Kaspersky Lab Forum

D

Deleted member 2913

I bought internet security for my windows 10 64 bit system....safe money crashes my computer......Kaspersky tech support is not helpful at all....even a fresh install on win 10 doesn't help....

I got WSA plus on there now but not sure how well it rolls back malware any suggestions?
Safe Money browser crashes or Safe Money crashes your system?

If Safe Money browser crashes then check if the extension is installed in the Safe Money browser. This has happened to me i.e for some reason the extension didn't installed & I didn't get any notification to install the extension & Safe Money browser was crashing. On 3rd or 4th time I got extension install notification & once I installed the extension Safe Money Browser crashing prob solved.

Reactions: harlan4096
D

Deleted member 2913

Also, Safe Money needs Your CPU/BIOS Virtualization support enabled...
This I didn't knew.
Does Kaspersky ask to enable it if its disabled? Coz I think mostly by default its disabled on system, right?

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Kaspersky's support is pathetic. I had a horrific experience with their support once and I'll never ever forget that experience. So, the point is that, if you run into some kind of trouble with the application, you are the only one who could help yourself.

Reactions: PCGamer and Bergo

cc2150dx

Level 2
Verified
May 4, 2014
Personally I get better results through the forum. Tech support is fast and knowledgeable.

On the other hand, live chat either misunderstands me or, don't know how to fix my issue(s)

cc

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.