App Review FortiClient 6.0.9.0277

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Product name
FortiClient 6.0.9.0277
Installation (rating)
5.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
The GUI is nice and well organized. To modify most of the settings you have to click on "Unlock Settings" on the low-left corner.
Default settings are already good, you can tune them deeply by using the conf file.
To do so, you have to go to Settings-->Backup and save the file somwhere. Then you open it (for example with WordPad) and edit it. After saving, you can import it by Settings-->Restore
Here is the official guide https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/6.0.9/xml-reference-guide/387580/introduction
Performance (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Proactive protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
FortiClient has Antivirus, AntiExploit, Heuristic and Web Filter.
It lacks of a strong Behaviour Blocker or HIPS and of a Firewall, but Web Filter and Signatures are top notch.
Sandbox is available only if you have a FortiSandbox connected.
Browser protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Positives
    • Freeware
    • Many features
    • Minimal setup required
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Simple and non-intrusive
    • Accurate results and reliable antivirus engine
    • Effective malicious URL blocking
    • Virus signatures are updated daily
    • Multi-layer protection approach
Negatives
    • Advanced users may want more control
    • Weak protection against zero-day threats
Time spent using product
Reviewed over a 30-day period
Computer specs
MSI Cubi Intel Core i3-5005U
12Gb RAM
128Gb SSD
Recommended for
  1. Inexperienced users
  2. Multi-user devices
  3. Financial banking or trading
  4. Low spec PCs
Overall rating
4.00 star(s)

Nagisa

Level 7
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
Virus submission never worked on my pcs. Maybe it requires the client to be connected. Who knows maybe Dynamic Thread Detection too, also requires this.

Screenshot_1.png

Islam Gamal

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
does anyone still use the free version ?
i want to use it along with comodo firewall but i need to know if it is still getting updates. Thanks

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I just installed this program and it tells me to connect to some zero trust fabric something, besides that i can not see anything functioning as for now. I can not even see that it has an Av part. I downloaded the epp/atp edition, v.7.0. Is this the Av or not. I do not get this at all.

Short question, do they still have a free Av?

Reactions: Nevi and oldschool

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Yes I am using FC. It is updating fine for me here. I have the same setup you will be using, and it seems to work very well. GL

Hi

A couple of questions:
Is it still working very well?
Which was the last free version?
Does it actually get the same sigs as before and at the same update frequency?

All the above can be summarized in, is it working and is it as good as it was once?

Reactions: Nevi and oldschool

M4RT1NE2

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
Once a highly regarded antivirus program by me with very good detection.
Today I don't think there is a free version anymore.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
HI guys sorry I missed the activity here. Please try this download and let me know if it works. If it does not I will get it working somehow. Haven't used Google docs in a while. This is the most recent version of F/C, 6.02, that I know functions and installs:

Please let me know if this works. Thanks. Included the .conf configurations recommended by ForgottenSeer 58943 a few years back for anyone who may remember that discussion.

Reactions: Nevi and M4RT1NE2

M4RT1NE2

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
For the time being, I have no intention of installing it.
Maybe someone else can confirm if it works.

Reactions: AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
@Asterixpl I mean see if the Google download function works for this link. I used to use Google docs for posting downloads but it has been some time. If anyone would like to try the program, please let me know if there is a problem with the link (or if it works too). Thanks...

M4RT1NE2

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
@Asterixpl I mean see if the Google download function works for this link. I used to use Google docs for posting downloads but it has been some time. If anyone would like to try the program, please let me know if there is a problem with the link (or if it works too). Thanks...

Sorry :)

I managed to download the archive. It looks like everything is fine :)
But I did not install

Reactions: AtlBo

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
HI guys sorry I missed the activity here. Please try this download and let me know if it works. If it does not I will get it working somehow. Haven't used Google docs in a while. This is the most recent version of F/C, 6.02, that I know functions and installs:

Please let me know if this works. Thanks. Included the .conf configurations recommended by ForgottenSeer 58943 a few years back for anyone who may remember that discussion.

Do you know, for sure, that it gets sig updates as frequently as before, as it should?
In short, does it still have the exact same protection capabilities as when it was in their catalog.

Do you use it, if so, what can you say about its functionality, protection etc?

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Yes, it is updating as far as I can tell. I do believe it has signatures locally also...

Forticlient Updates.pngForticlient Updates 2.png

Need any help with the settings pls ask. The signatures using the hardened settings are very good. They will find garbage if it is on the system or on an attached drive. I like this program mostly with Comodo Firewall, choosing the FortiClient web filter over the Comodo one. I turn off the filtering in CF...

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.