Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
FortiClient Lite - Free Internet Security

FortiClient Lite is a free endpoint protection suite that detects and cleans malware from systems using updated threat intelligence and definitions from Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.

General
general_small.jpg

Scanning
scanning_small.jpg

Download Links:
http://www.forticlient.com/lite.html

G

Guest28

Is this the new version? It looks dam good does all the security applications look like this from Forti now.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Never really used this software, but the installer says version 4.2.3.0271

Edit: See post below.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Something is wrong the the download links on FortiClient website, they re-direct you to download.com and the download is for "FortiClient Security Suite Standard" not the Lite version.

There is no other download links for the Lite version.:huh:

I never heard of this Lite version because it has to be new.

Thanks.:D

G

Guest28

Is the web guard included? The web guard is probbly the best tool they have.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Littlebits, thanks for the heads up. I will look and see if I find more information.

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
ryan said:
Is this the new version? It looks dam good does all the security applications look like this from Forti now.
No, only the free version looks that amazing (but they did get updated). You should already know the answer why. ;)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
FortiClient Lite (64-bit) is available at download.com but still no download link for 32-bit systems.

Download links on FortiClient's website still going to the wrong version (FortiClient Endpoint Security Standard Edition) which is no longer mentioned on their homepage.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
FortiClient Standard 4.2.5.0286 (both 32 & 64-bit) just was update today on Softpedia

According to Softpedia, it still has the web filter in the free version.

No changelogs available that I can find. Still NO Lite version for 32-bit available.

FotiClient's website is full of broken links. Maybe it is under construction.

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Littlebits said:
FortiClient Standard 4.2.5.0286 (both 32 & 64-bit) just was update today...
Still the old version. According to Download.com, the latest (Forticlient Lite) is 4.3.0.0408.

And after analyzing their pdf, the Lite version no longer includes a firewall. So it is only an antivirus product, like Microsoft Security Essentials.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Tobi said:
Littlebits said:
FortiClient Standard 4.2.5.0286 (both 32 & 64-bit) just was update today...
Still the old version. According to Download.com, the latest (Forticlient Lite) is 4.3.0.0408.

And after analyzing their pdf, the Lite version no longer includes a firewall. So it is only an antivirus product, like Microsoft Security Essentials.

This FortiClient Standard is not an old version it was just released today. The Lite version is a different build number not newer.
It looks like both FortiClient Standard and FortiClient Lite will be continued to be developed version build numbers will be different.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So here is the difference on them.

Forticlient Lite has AM/AV features while Forticlient Standard have the features more in AV like Web Filter and Firewall.

Verdict they were both free products its like having differ in the features.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well here is the one year ago video by languy99 So there is yet no latest review about this current version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Tobi said:
FortiClient Lite (32bit) was added today on Download.com.

Thanks for the link, this is one that I will have to try. FortiClient has did very well on AV testing sites lately.
Good to have another freeware option to choose from.

Good day.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Finally the site from Forticlient Lite is already organized links from Download.com are valid.

G

Guest28

This is really cool i would like to see it tested it did very well in my test. I think it's worth the test :)

That test above is very old we need a re-test!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.