Forum Statistics (Feedback needed)

Forum statistics:

• I like it. Place it on top of the page.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
If you scroll down to the bottom of the forum index page you'll see Forum Statistics. Do you find it useful? If so, do you think we should place it on top? Or you don't find it useful at all and want it to be removed. Please vote. Thanks.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Voted to leave at the bottom of the Forum. Very nice addition.

Edit: Is it possible to add the -/+ to show or hide the box?

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Rather dumb honestly. Completely meaningless like the reputation stats. Sorry not being a jerk just casting my vote.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems it became made easier like the latest post to see so my vote goes to at the bottom of the page.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
No problem, Dieselman. We have mixed feelings about it also. That's why we're asking you. There is also the option to place it on the portal page (top or bottom), but I don't like polls with too many options :p

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Its just to cluttered. Its a forum. It feels like Comodo in a way. Packing on feature after feature after feature. But at least you listen to the public. Look at other forums which have lasted for years and none of them have all these add ons. Its also too much for viewing on a mobile device such as my iPhone.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
For mobile devices you might want to try the Lite (Archive) mode. It lacks allot of functions though but it should save some bandwidth and be a little faster.

edit: hideous indeed :p.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
90% of the time I am using Wifi so bandwidth is not an issue neither is speed with an iPhone 4. The lite version is hideous. LOL.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Given a fourth option of It's ok but I really don't care either way I would have chosen that...guess on this specific topic I just don't really care but would lean toward ditching it more than keeping it in place.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Well, I like it, doesn't take up space and has a purpose I guess, it's good to see the latest threads without checking the links in the toolbar.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
Even without the plugin popular threads are available via http://malwaretips.com/stats.php

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Or in checking from new posts or today's post to know from the latest post/threads.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I am using Accord Ember and I don't see any Forum Statistics on the index page. Am I blind....?

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
It would be distracting if it was placed at the top. I like it, nevertheless. I voted to keep it at the bottom.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
elliotcroft said:
It would be distracting if it was placed at the top. I like it, nevertheless. I voted to keep it at the bottom.

I agree. As long as it is only at the bottom of the index page, it does not get in the way of anything, and could be interesting to look at occasionally.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
One reason I like it, is because it shows the News or Unread Topics in orange.

The other stats are just interesting to look at. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.