Found rootkit virus ..should I just reformat?

Rozesky2

Level 3
Verified
I do work on seniors computer that are on a fixed income...I am retired too.

but I am stuck on this on.....her computer is running extremely slow..
Firefox doesnt even work after a reinstall. I already found one rootkit virus oneit and removed it

I am attaching the logs to this post. Should I reformat or can you help me, so it runs faster again
and to make sure it is running cleanly
 

Attachments

Hello,


Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.
  • Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.​
  • Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on
    4zu6vb.jpg
    icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top