Solved fqtag.com site opening new tabs on edge and chrome

It seems ok for now. BTW I have my Edge set to "Always clear this when I close the browser" in the settings, to clear cache, cookies etc. Is that not the same thing as going into the settings and manually clearing it. Is it ok if I leave this thread open for a few days in case the problem comes back? Thanks very much.
 
Yes, I have adblock installed. When I have it enabled, it blocks the fqtag tabs from opening. I'm just afraid that my pc has this malware and using adblock doesn't remove it completely but just prevents the tabs from opening. Do you see any malware from my logs? I'm sorry, I'm a novice at this. Thanks
 
Ok thanks. The fqtag only seems to come up on one specific website I use often (golfwrx.com) and there is no reason to believe that it is a malicious website. So you're saying that it's site and my pc is not infected with anything? Thanks again!!
 
Thanks for the info. I really didn't expect that from that site. Thanks again for all your help, especially on a Sunday. Really appreciate it.
 
Since there are no more problems, we can declare this PC clean
thumbs_up_smiley.gif


Now, we can proceed with post-cleanup procedures. Let's remove my tools and create a new, non infected restore point concurrently deleting old ones.


Step 1. - Creation of system restore point and tools removal.


Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt). I don't need it for review.
Tool deletes old system restore points and creates a fresh system restore point after cleaning.


Step 2. - Tips and tricks to keep your computer clean, safe and in a good shape.


Security tips - highly recommended reading:

Maintenance tips:

Additional software that I personally use and install on all my clients devices:

  • Zemana AntiMalware (paid version highly recommended) - to work as a supplement for your antivirus but with excellent remediation and protection
  • Zemana AntiLogger - keep everything you type on keyboard out of sight of bad guys trying to steal your credantials
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit - to prevent plenty of mostly exploited vulnerabilities.
  • McShield - to prevent infections spread by removable media.
  • Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.
  • CryptoPrevent - tool for protection against Cryptolocker and similar ransomware infections.
  • Adblock - to surf the web without annoying ads!
  • Qualys BrowserCheck - cloud service that scans your browsers and plugins to see if they’re all up-to-date.


My help is free for everybody.
If you're happy with the help provided and/or wish to show your appreciaton, please consider a donation:
Thank you!​



Stay safe,
TwinHeadedEagle :)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top