Solved fqtag.com

caseyf5

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 28, 2017
Hello Help,
Thank you for your assistance. I hope that I am doing the things necessary to get rid of fqtag.com? I have included the requested files. I am not sure whether it is on this PC, my other PC or both. I will stay with this one until there is no fqtag.com present.
Yours,

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    89.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Addition.txt
    86.7 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Syafiq and frogboy

caseyf5

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 28, 2017
Hello TwinHeadedEagle, The three that I can say are the least likely are Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge and Maxthon (based upon Chromium). The three that are the most likely culprits are Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera. The only way I know is an app for another product CUJO. It only alerts me of this problem rarely so there is no way that I can say for sure. The message from CUJO is "Detected attempt to visit 'fqtag.com'. This domain is categorized as Spyware and Adware. Threat The CUJO device is blocking the attempt to reach the website which is what it is supposed to do. The problem is I do not have enough information to go on. It could be on my other PC or even on both of them. It is frustrating for me to be unable to pinpoint which browser as it makes the problem greater than what it should be.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Let's try to empty some cache:

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 12

caseyf5

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 28, 2017
Hello Twin-Headed Eagle, I have attached the file fixlist.txt.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 0

caseyf5

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 28, 2017
Hello Twin-Headed Eagle, Sorry for sending the wrong file. My bad. I have double checked and this time it is fixlog.txt.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 2

caseyf5

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 28, 2017
Hello Twin-Headed Eagle,
It seems to be operating normally at the present time and I will test it a bit longer just to be certain. I appreciate your efforts on my behalf and wish to thank you with more than words of gratitude.
Yours,
Kenneth Fingeret

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.