Frank Garner Security Config

D

Deleted member 178

Please read and fill the form properly , dont put Windows Defender for everything...this behavior may disqualify you (if you participate) from current and future giveaways...

Frank Garner

Thread author
Oct 25, 2015
Sorry, but my info is all true. I had Bitdefender for many years. When I updated to Windows 10, everything I did took so long. I uninstalled it and my pc runs like it should. I read online that you can get by with Windows Defender & Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

I read your "How to". And I filled out the form truthfully. If I still had Bitdefender the answers that have "Windows Defender" would say "Bitdefender" because it's a suite. So that would've been okay, right?

Normally, I don't bother with giveaways because all they're only for the "giver". More numbers, more money. But I'd really like to win 1 of your giveaways. That's why I registered. And think about this, why would I go through all the time it takes to register, post, copy and post links if I thought it would disqualify me? That makes no sense.

Edit: I changed the Backup and Recovery. Everything else is the same.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

That is better ;)

Maybe from your side our complaints seems a bit harsh but believe me from our side we have to juggle with giveaway hoarders and other cheaters who just participate in giveaways to win and resell the licenses; while honest people really needs them.

Dont take offense, we just do our best to give everybody a fair chance to win.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Normally, I don't bother with giveaways because all they're only for the "giver". More numbers, more money. But I'd really like to win 1 of your giveaways. That's why I registered. And think about this, why would I go through all the time it takes to register, post, copy and post links if I thought it would disqualify me? That makes no sense.
First more importantly is the purpose of this thread.That being a well posted security config will get you more helpful replies,suggestions and recommendations.
The requirement for giveaways is there to foster some kind of forum interaction other than just joining the site to enter a giveaway.I will adjust the reply bans and your entries have been undeleted.

On to your config
As long as you are careful where you go and what you click on then yes Windows 10 built in security with UAC enabled & MBAE will work
I prefer to at least have an AV solution with Windows firewall.Avast free,Panda Free,Avira free are decent choices.
If you are looking for a Security Suite that won't slow down your Windows 10 ESET Smart Security is an excellent choice.My experience with Bitdefender is that it is a bit buggy and can impact your system and also your internet connection.
You could add a couple on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,ESET Online Scanner,Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Hitman Pro since these do not run in realtime you will see no system impact unless of course you are scanning.
There are a couple good free backup programs if your interested Macrium Reflect for one
I would consider adding CCleaner or Privazer.
Sandboxie is also a good addition to any config.
A password manager such as LastPass is also a good idea
You can also add uBlock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere to Chrome & Firefox

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its a part of ethical formality so you should follow the rules and regulation, why not one day you will be interested on upcoming promos and giveaway which time will tell. ;)

From your configuration, Windows Defender is an enough supplement for your protection with common sense enabled.

Always feel free to change to third party AV just make sure use if you are encounter a threat unintentionally.

H

hjlbx

@Frank Garner

You state you are in need of update of antivirus from WIndows' built-in Windows Defender, right ?

What are your system specs (CPU and RAM) - and - what are you looking for - complete internet security package, stand-alone antivirus, paid\free, full automation or some user interaction, etc ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.