Real-time security
Kaspersky Total Security 2017
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
AdwCleaner, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, HitmanPro, JRT, Zemana AntiMalware
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla Firefox: uBlock Origin, NoScript, Kaspersky Protection, Kaspersky Password Manager
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, O&O Defrag, Wise Care 365
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Pro
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Pro
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/franks-pc.62089/
A

antreas

Changed some programs because of expired licenses
  • Replaced Emsisoft by Kaspersky Total Security
  • Replaced Acronis True Image by AOMEI Backupper Pro (Lifetime)
  • Removed Steganos Safe and Roboform
  • Added Zemana Anti-Malware (licensed) for on-demand/context-scanning - protection and autostart disabled
Planned for future: Changing VPN-Provider (currently: HideMyAss) without logging.

Remove HideMyAss, 2 hackers caught using this VPN i am using windscribe but there more private and trusted in the community like PIA i was using this before.

For password manager if free use LastPass and if you pay use Dashlane. Dashlane is the best on my opinion, i got 1 year account with Dashlane and i loved them but Lastpass have cloud sync on free accounts so i stay with LastPass for the time being.

FrankS

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
Remove HideMyAss, 2 hackers caught using this VPN i am using windscribe but there more private and trusted in the community like PIA i was using this before.

For password manager if free use LastPass and if you pay use Dashlane. Dashlane is the best on my opinion, i got 1 year account with Dashlane and i loved them but Lastpass have cloud sync on free accounts so i stay with LastPass for the time being.
Hey Antreas,
thanks for your reply. As VPN-Provider I will try Shellfire (already contacted them via mail). It's a german provider and they're following the german data privacy policys which might be much better compared to the USA.
As Password Manager I'm currently using the Kaspersky Password Manager and at first I disabled the cloud sync - it's also okay. I don't like to see my password files/saves on any cloud server.

Greets

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Planned for future: Changing VPN-Provider (currently: HideMyAss) without logging.
u can look at Airvpn, perfect privacy if u want a quality vpn provider. u will not find a better one for Windows(Client) and how they handel things and privacy/protection. Windscribe seems to be nice too, but fearly new and the time only will tell how u can trust them.

FrankS

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
u can look at Airvpn, perfect privacy if u want a quality vpn provider. u will not find a better one for Windows(Client) and how they handel things and privacy/protection. Windscribe seems to be nice too, but fearly new and the time only will tell how u can trust them.
I need a Provider with Router-Support. I won't let it run by Windows/Client.

A

antreas

Hey Antreas,
thanks for your reply. As VPN-Provider I will try Shellfire (already contacted them via mail). It's a german provider and they're following the german data privacy policys which might be much better compared to the USA.
As Password Manager I'm currently using the Kaspersky Password Manager and at first I disabled the cloud sync - it's also okay. I don't like to see my password files/saves on any cloud server.

Greets
never heard of that vpn but if they are from germany i hope they don't log much info and the servers is fast.
On premium they have limit on speed up to 12,000 kbit/sec and on premium plus no limit, this is bad you pay and you still get limits.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

antreas

Why you don't sync on cloud your password? Kaspersky is trusted company with very strong security.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
I need a Provider with Router-Support. I won't let it run by Windows/Client.
They have all router support as far as i know. But on a router it can happens that ur connections is slower because of the openvpn encryption. u need a powerfull router to get the full vpn speed, otherwise the windows client versions are better alternatives for speed.

Reactions: FrankS

FrankS

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
Why you don't sync on cloud your password? Kaspersky is trusted company with very strong security.
They could use military standards and I still wouldn't trust them. Everything has leaks and is hackable.

They have all router support as far as i know. But on a router it can happens that ur connections is slower because of the openvpn encryption. u need a powerfull router to get the full vpn speed, otherwise the windows client versions are better alternatives for speed.
I got it :) RT-AC88U with Dual-Core CPU 1,4GHz. At PPTP Connection I get a full-speed connection with OpenVPN I need to disable other features like DDOS-Protection, which is improving the router-performance.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.