FrantiQ's new Config

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Hi, FrantiQ. I am afraid that your config may have compatibility issues.

As mentioned by GT500 (a staff in Emsisoft) in this thread: EIS/SpyShelter Incompatibility Issue - Emsisoft Internet Security - Emsisoft Support Forums , Emsisoft Internet Security (EIS) could conflict with Spyshelter Premium, owing to the conflicts between WFP drivers.

We know that SpyShelter Firewall is a superset of SpyShelter Premium, so it could also conflict with EIS.

Following is another thread which shows that EIS also conflicts with Malwarebytes Anti-malware (MBAM) Premium, because MBAM Premium also uses a WFP driver: Compatibility with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Emsisoft Internet Security - Emsisoft Support Forums.

In my opinion, you could improve the compatibility of your config by replacing EIS with Emsisoft Antimalware (EAM), because I remember that Fabian Wosar ever mentioned that at the moment EAM does not use WFP. But he also mentioned that EAM could use WFP in the future. Sorry I cannot find that thread...

If you still prefer to using EIS along with SSF, please follow the suggestion of GT500 to make some essential whitelists.

By the way, here is a guide on how to update your old config without creating a new thread:

[MUST READ] How to update your security config without creating a new thread!

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Follow the suggestions as mentioned, Emsisoft IS firewall component isn't an ordinary like other security product does so you may consider to tweak more for better effectiveness.

Visiting Phishing site, use temporary fake identity that are available online for experimentation purpose.

Other than that its already a good configuration.

L

LabZero

Good security config.:)

Sometimes we forget the router firewall that should always be enabled and, in addition to Nat, blocks classics Denial Of Service (Dos) attacks such as Syn-Flood and Ping Of Death.

As mentioned above consider any firewall overlap.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Remove spyshelter and use EIS.EIS is very good protection and no need for conflicting softwares
Consider some on demand scanners such as MBAM,Eset Online Scanner,Hitman Pro
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed
Thanks for sharing your config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.