fredsarran Security Configuration (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Suggestions:
  • Set UAC to Always Notify
  • Having three real-time solutions is unnecessary and a drain on resources. I'd suggest picking either Zemana or Malwarebytes to run alongside Bitdefender and use the other one as an on-demand scanner
  • Add HTTPS Everywhere to your browser(s)
Thanks for sharing. :)

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Suggestions:
  • Having three real-time solutions is unnecessary and a drain on resources. I'd suggest picking either Zemana or Malwarebytes to run alongside Bitdefender and use the other one as an on-demand scanner
Whatever he said.

Malware Person

Level 4
Verified
Jun 8, 2016
nice overall configuration! Just like @Arequire said, three real-time antiviruses are not necessary. I suggest removing Malwarebytes and just use it as an on-demand scanner because it uses a lot of system resources and isn't as good as Zeman's real-time protection.

Thanks for sharing!

fredwerk

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 18, 2015
Suggestions:

Hey guys, thanks for the comments and advice :)

I have now changed UAC to Always Notify.

In regards to the 3 real time solutions, Bitdefender is good but not as "specific" than Malwarebytes hence why both real time. I still use Zemana however lately it has been a bit of a hit and miss, hence why I added Malwarebytes that seems to be much better at detecting Malware.

HTTPS Everywhere was added to my security config last year and decided to remove it this year due to creating many problems on genuine and legit websites and while I was excluding them from HTTPS Everywhere, it still didn't function great.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If your system specs allow running BD with MalwareBytes and Zemana in real-time without slowing down, then I do not see anything wrong in that.

Keep in mind that nothing beats a real-time protection. On-demand scan is just an opinion to detect any malware that is already running on the system not detected by BD in our case, but about ransomware or APT backdoors for example, it is fairly useless thing...

Last edited:

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If you have Bitdefender Internet Security running in real-time, you don't need nothing else.
I kindly advise you to stop paying for Zemana and Mbam if BD is working great.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider using MBAM & ZAM as additional on demand scanners.
Secure config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Antivirus A, B and C won't detect all malware, why not install Antivirus D. If you're having to deal with Malware alerts daily, you need to re-evaluate your computer habits and consider non-signature based detection.

Reactions: fredwerk

fredwerk

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 18, 2015
If you have Bitdefender Internet Security running in real-time, you don't need nothing else.
I kindly advise you to stop paying for Zemana and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware if BD is working great.

If Zemana continues down the hill then I will remove it sooner than later. I always liked Malwarebytes and always found it a great complimentary tool to any Antivirus software. Bitdefender is a good all-rounder however having a second safety net is always better ;)

fredwerk

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 18, 2015
Antivirus A, B and C won't detect all malware, why not install Antivirus D. If you're having to deal with Malware alerts daily, you need to re-evaluate your computer habits and consider non-signature based detection.

Totally agree with you :) Being IT Security/Safety alert and aware and good practice and some knowledge, is always better than just relying on software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.