Free alternative to I-Blocklist?

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Since I-Blocklist started charging, are there any free alternatives, particularly regarding anti-p2p lists?

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Thanks for the link. I can't see any lists there that are specifically p2p though, for instance, like the iBlocklist one that used to be a default list with Peerblock.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Not. It did until recently by including iBlocklist's anti-p2p lists as one of its free default lists. Now you simply get a message saying 'subscription required'. What I'd like to know is whether there are any similar anti-p2p lists that are free.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I just deselected p2p list clicked ok then re-enabled clicked ok and the list updated?

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
So when you update, it doesn't say subscription required next to Default P2P list like mine does?

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
@Rishi Thanks a lot. That Bluetack level1 anti-p2p list is just what I want.

Edit: That bluetack level1 lists is the Default P2P list that Peerblock uses, and when I try to add it it says it's already included, so why is it asking for a subscription when it's free? Very confused.

OK, fixed it. I don't know what the problem was but I clean installed Peerblock and everything works fine now. thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited:

masterofambra

May 23, 2016
The original post is correct, iblocklist is no longer updating their lists so of course they always say they are already up to date, plus you have to pay them $10 per year to have access to the lists that aren't even being updated anymore. I would also like to know if their are any alternative lists for this purpose that aren't charging. Preferably without the argument.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017

giulia

Level 5
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Hey there folks, forget about iblocklist.

We are peerblocklist.com and we will be supplying free blocklists now and in the future.
hi
Phishtank & Snitches doesn't work ,can somebody confirm?

are there alternitive free list?
thanks

I use a scheduled task to download the hosts file from here
GitHub - StevenBlack/hosts: Extending and consolidating hosts files from several well-curated sources like adaway.org, mvps.org, malwaredomainlist.com, someonewhocares.org, and potentially others. You can optionally invoke extensions to block additional sites by category.

Into the Windows folder. Disabled Dnscache since it slows down when you have a big hosts file and instead use a separate cache resolver.
hi
great list , but does it slow down your browsing?
may i know how do you create a task to download the hosts file and what does it mean separate cache resolver?
would really great use them with peerblock just because it's more easy
thanks

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.