Question Is there any AV. at all for free that can compare to Trellix ENS?

Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.
Hi Andy...
So I am assuming, you are just being nice and answering his question, when you listed CFW. It's not that you're recommending it, for him or others to rely upon.

Yes. My post did not include any recommendations.
But, CIS or "Comodo Firewall + any popular AV" can be recommended for non-enterprise users who like free and strong protection based on file reputation and auto-containment.
However, I couldn't recommend it to most users, just like WDAC ISG and other solutions based on file reputation and allowlisting. Using such solutions would be too cumbersome for most users.
 
Yes. My post did not include any recommendations.
But, CIS or "Comodo Firewall + any popular AV" can be recommended for non-enterprise users who like free and strong protection based on file reputation and auto-containment.
However, I couldn't recommend it to most users, just like WDAC ISG and other solutions based on file reputation and allowlisting. Using such solutions would be too cumbersome for most users.
For a lot of my SMB customers I actually use your hard configurator all the time. I lock stuff down and connect it to 3rd part xdr/siem so I can monitor. If they won't accept a baseline we recommend, I won't take them on as a customer

Essentially getting a LIC of defender endpoint free which turns into profit. I don't spend money on anything and everything is hand made using best of breed tooling such as yours for example.

"Simplicity is the final achievement"
 
For a lot of my SMB customers I actually use your hard configurator all the time. I lock stuff down and connect it to 3rd part xdr/siem so I can monitor. If they won't accept a baseline we recommend, I won't take them on as a customer

Essentially getting a LIC of defender endpoint free which turns into profit. I don't spend money on anything and everything is hand made using best of breed tooling such as yours for example.

"Simplicity is the final achievement"
Would like to know what other tooling you use paid or free
Btw what is the cheap or free siem , xdr you use ?
 
I lock stuff down and connect it to 3rd part xdr/siem so I can monitor. If they won't accept a baseline we recommend, I won't take them on as a customer

Although I created H_C for family (home) administrators, I am glad it can also be useful in some SMBs. (y)
However, the type of protection applied by H_C differs much from the Trellix DAC.
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top