Advice Request Free PDF editor suggestion?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
I'm currently using PDF X-change editor as my default pdf reader. I use it for its free OCR feature. However, I'm not sure about how safe it is. I don't know Tracker company, so idk if they patch their security flaws.

Can you suggest any PDF reader that is secure? I have preference for PDF readers with OCR and/or translate features

ty

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
some handy info here:

Upvote 0

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
PDF-Xchange is a secure program. Very few severe bugs compared to other advanced free pdf viewers.

More info:
Offensive Security’s Exploit Database Archive (search for PDF-XChange)

Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I use Sumatra, because its author refuse to implement some features that would make it potentially vulnerable. That said, it does not have as many features as others.
I used to complain just like other people do, why does it take like 10 secs for PDF to open? Well, if you use 1GB software to open 1MB file, needless to say more?

Upvote 0

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
some handy info here:

@rndmblk look at here. It seems browser pdf plugin is not very safe

Hope it's ok to ask - I realise you're probably looking for more features @Tiamati.
I'm looking for something safe with OCR and translate features

I have been using PDF X-change editor for years and I have not faced any issue at all.
Me too. I just think it's a little slow to open some documents. And a translate featured would come in handy.

PDF-Xchange is a secure program. Very few severe bugs compared to other advanced free pdf viewers.

More info:
Offensive Security’s Exploit Database Archive (search for PDF-XChange)
I wonder if the difference between foxit and x-change editor relies on how much the Tracker product is safer, or how much Foxit is more popular
I mean, if most people use foxit, there is a bigger chance to find exploites and fix them. What do you think?

I use Sumatra, because its author refuse to implement some features that would make it potentially vulnerable. That said, it does not have as many features as others.
I used to complain just like other people do, why does it take like 10 secs for PDF to open? Well, if you use 1GB software to open 1MB file, needless to say more?
Ty for the reply. But i need something easier and with more features to use. :)

Upvote 0

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Absolutely LOVE PDF-Xchange Editor. I have to work with PDF files daily, and while the UI is a bit... dated, it works well and it's easy enough to use. I'd stick with what you have!

Reactions: Tiamati
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.