Free Security Setup in Low Resource Usage Situations

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Hello! I would like to setup for some netbook and I wouldn't want to and can't manage stuff like licenses and stuff on that one. What are some effective free and light security software/setups out there that's also automated - no decision making necessary/can configure once to do so. Suggestions? Thoughts? Experiences?

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Avast has one of the most automated malware clearing in most AVs, they don't really ask you what you want to do with the file but rather just quarantines the file immediately. Avast is also generally light in terms of resource usage during normal browsing.

Another option could be several cloud AVs, seeing as processing in the cloud would make it lighter than traditional AVs. Sophos home is another AV which I find is light on my computer, and most of the decision making is done automatically when a file is detected to be malicious.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
What are the system hardware specifications?

Our netbook (2011) runs Comodo Cloud Antivirus and Firefox, nothing else because it's already slow with Windows 10.
I only remember 2Gb RAM and a weak CPU. HDD. Windows 7 Starter.

Reactions: Ink

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.