Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Facebook users should beware the latest scam doing the rounds on the social network. A so-called opportunity to win free tickets with Southwest Airlines may look like a dream come true, but in fact is an opportunity for scammers to harvest your information.

What's interesting, as our friends at Facecrooks point out, is that the messages are being spread via comments on other users' walls rather than as status updates.
swgifts_wall.jpg

Messages also include:

sweet! i just got 2 free flight vouchers from Southwest Air to fly to any destination i can think of lmao! i didnt believe it would work but it was, got it here..[LINK] try for yourself i just figured i would share with everyone

hey, i got my free Southwest airfare from [LINK] u should submit for a your own pair while they are still offering them!

hi, i just got my free Southwest airfare from [LINK] you should claim your own pair while its still available!

Southwest is offering complementary flights..but for a short time only: [LINK]

wassup, i just picked up my free Southwest tickets from [LINK] you should request yours while its available!

More details - link

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.