App Review Free VS Paid malware protection (Edmond Mirijaj)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Edmiri

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2014
Bitdefeder is consideret one of the best protection software. I compared with my free software security configuration.
Test includes 0 day infected links and malware pack scan and run. Baidu antivirus was configured. Avira real time scan enabled.

Ps. Watch in HD, full screen and with 2x speed because the video is to long.

Shaun

Level 2
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
I'm loving the look of the K9 security.

I'm really not a bit defender person. It failed to stop a version of cryptolocker that even windows defender could stop.

Reactions: arsh

Edmiri

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2014
I'm loving the look of the K9 security.

I'm really not a bit defender person. It failed to stop a version of cryptolocker that even windows defender could stop.
K9 security its a must have. I wish more people know about it.

Reactions: arsh

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
You forgot Tiranium :(

28usq4k.jpg

musings4

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 17, 2014
I've used K9 Web Protection from time to time on my machine and it's an impressive piece of software. One of the main cogs I had with it was buffering issues on Youtube. Changing their settings regarding this didn't improve matters. However, virtually every category you select will be blocked (malicious sites, adult sites, etc.). I highly recommend it especially for children. And also for adults who are tempted to browse sites that entices you (adult, gambling,etc.).

Shaun

Level 2
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
I've used K9 Web Protection from time to time on my machine and it's an impressive piece of software. One of the main cogs I had with it was buffering issues on Youtube. Changing their settings regarding this didn't improve matters. However, virtually every category you select will be blocked (malicious sites, adult sites, etc.). I highly recommend it especially for children. And also for adults who are tempted to browse sites that entices you (adult, gambling,etc.).

Thank goodness I'm just an adult :p

YouTube is an important part of what I do so I hope it will not be affected too much.

Edmiri

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2014
The problem with the links you have used is that they are constantly monitored by AV companies...
I had my doubt about this. but after i tested some links in that website with avira, kaspersky, bitdefender etc and i got infected every time than i thought those links must be not monitored because otherwise i wouldnt be infected.
I think the free system won only because of privatefirewall. http://www.privacyware.com/personal_firewall.html
The malware pack was downloaded in this website. It was the ultimate one.

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Great video but MBAE will not be a complete free product(in future). Test should have been done with EMET.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.