Troubleshoot Frequent disconnection from internet

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2016
Since last few months my PC has been disconnecting from the internet every few hours.
I will be surfing normally and suddenly this Page not found message.
I need to restart every time and then everything is fine. For a few hours.
BTW my mobile devices are connected normally.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I had a similiar problem,kept losing my internet connection,and also my wireless driver, many system restores,what has helped me since about 2 months ago,was buying Netgear adapter,which give another access to internet,which easily stores your password to router and I apply it manually,also I now have drive booster which has done a nice job .I have a feeling and really am not sure but think a vpn program I had with Kaspersky Internet Security was the culprit, good luck

Reactions: Mohan Rajan
Upvote 0

RVS2

Level 3
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
Most probably it's an issue with the wires. Could be outside or inside your house. I've had this problem and tried everything but what always turned out was that some wire had to be repaired. You'll need to contact your internet provider.

Upvote 0

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2016
I had a similiar problem,kept losing my internet connection,and also my wireless driver, many system restores,what has helped me since about 2 months ago,was buying Netgear adapter,which give another access to internet,which easily stores your password to router and I apply it manually,also I now have drive booster which has done a nice job .I have a feeling and really am not sure but think a vpn program I had with Kaspersky Internet Security was the culprit, good luck
Bang on, I too have a VPN connection but I only use it when needed yet even when I don't use VPn it disconnects periodically.
I only have this problem with this one desktop and all my mobiles have no problem connecting with the same router.Must be my VPN driver conflict with KIs.

Upvote 0

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
The issue's old now, but if you couldn't solve the connection problem with the software troubleshooting discussed above, it can very well be the wireless adapter/card of your computer causing disconnections (assuming you're using WiFi). The connection may be loose or it is going to fail.
If it's the Ethernet, get the Ethernet module of PC checked, and the outer wiring too.
So, if you haven't found a workaround yet, better get the internal connections and the card(s) checked by some repair expert.

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I had a similar problem,kept losing wireless connection,It drove me crazy to say the least,The solution,after much trouble,was so easy it kind of made me sick. My modem just needed to be disconnected and restarted,Hope this helps,Yellow flag on your wireless icon was or is the RED flag good luck

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.