Dec 1, 2019
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Qihoo 360 Total Security 10.6.0.1259 ( Premium ) - 360 Document Protector - Malwarebytes Anti exploit ( Beta ) - Unchecky - Adguard Desktop ( Lifetime )
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Sytem Hardened wit NVT Syshardener ( Custom Ruleset )
Periodic malware scanners
ZHPCleaner - Adwcleaner - Emsisoft Emergency Kit - Malwarebytes Anti Malware - Hitman Pro ( all for a monthly routine scan )
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
360 Chromium ( Netcraft - Privacy Posum - Decentral Eyes - Fluffbusting - Lastpass ) - 360 Extreme Explorer ( none )
Maintenance tools
Winutilities Pro ( Lifetime ) - Wisecare 365 Pro ( Lifetime Upgradable ) - Privazer - NVT Connections Viewer - Quickstartup - Autoruns - Softorganizer.
File and Photo backup
Easus Todo Home ( Lifetime Upgradable License )
System recovery
I only backup my C Drive monthly and I do backup the MBR and registry manually
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Hp elite Book Folio 9470m Intel I5 ( 4th gen ) 4gb ram , Intel pro Pro 200gb ssd.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
@FrFc1908 ,

G'day Mate,

How's the i5 4th Gen coping with the load?

My old ASUS machine with similar specifications was unusable following installing Windows 10 Pro. Even upping the RAM to 8gb didn't help. Mind you, I was not running an SSD.

Best,

@TRS-80 🍿 :emoji_beer:

my machine is just running fine , no hickups whatsoever. the only time the fan is making noise is when scanning with qihoo.... ;) :)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@FrFc1908: Qihoo 360 Total Security 10.6.0.1259 (Premium) + Malwarebytes Anti exploit (Beta) seems to me overkill, having in mind that You already have SysHardener applied :)

About System Backup, I guess You use here Easus Todo Home to run a full system backup image...

Thanks for sharing :)

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
i had the asus tuf year ago what a piece of ,,,,, first the corner of the lid broke would not close had to glue many other people had same problem
it was slower then hell i added intel optane memory got faster but whenever the computer shut down wrong had to
disable optane and enable what a pain.and no newer games played right, and windows 10 never ran right. its somewhere in the closet
i would never buy an Asus again

• +Reputation
Reactions: TRS-80

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
@FrFc1908: Qihoo 360 Total Security 10.6.0.1259 (Premium) + Malwarebytes Anti exploit (Beta) seems to me overkill, having in mind that You already have SysHardener applied :)

About System Backup, I guess You use here Easus Todo Home to run a full system backup image...

Thanks for sharing :)

hi harlan. I do make use of mbae because 360 chromium is way behind chrome in version , there are barely any extensions available for etreme explorer , except for chinese ones. so mbae is merely for peace of mind a bit. I only make partition backups with todo home , thanks for the reply! ;)

TRS-80

Level 1
Aug 16, 2019
@FrFc1908

i would never buy an Asus again

I completely agree on that count. They were good machines going back prior to about 2013.

The last time I needed some work done on one of their machines I was directed to their “local service agent” by Asus support. They were the people who supplied(and installed) the extra 4gb RAM + new WiFi Card. Asus were most insistent that this would permit me to run Win 10 Pro.

Thus, I duly took the machine in and received it back with the WiFi Card and RAM installed. Reasonably priced. They had also re-imaged the machine, installing Win 10 Pro. Told me it was running fine.

I got the machine home. Booted it up expecting some performance. Far from it! The cursor was jerking all over the desktop. After running for about 10 minutes checking drivers and, other bits and pieces, it was so hot the fan was spinning like crazy.

Phoned support, who didn't want to know me. Would not honour the alleged 90 day warranty before I did a little desk thumping. Sent me a post pack to return to their main repair centre. They tried to bill me for re-imaging the machine back to Win 7. So much for Win 10!

If anyone wants to cook fried eggs, I reckon I still have it around somewhere. May do bacon also! All you need to do is add your food of choice and Win 10; good to cook! 😄

Apologies for going a little “off topic.”

Cheers everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.