Troubleshoot Front audio panel panning issue. Both sides playing at the same time.

ytbro00

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Both my front audio ports detect devices I plug in. The issue is, both sides play at the same time even if the panning options are set to the middle to play both right and left. If I pan all the way to the right and test the right speaker for sound, it would result in both sides playing. Testing left would mute both naturally. Panning all the way to the left does the same thing. Plays both sides, if the left speaker is tested and naturally would mute both if the right is tested.

Microphones work with no problems and other devices are still being detected aside from the panning problem. All other headset experience the same panning issue including phone headsets.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I have installed the latest Realtek drivers, the back panel is working perfectly but my wired headset isn't that long which is why I'd prefer to use the front audio panels. Front panel audio HDA wire is connected to JAUD1. I believe it is seated correctly since that's the only way to place it. Front panel, USB and power options have no issues.
Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER (Not the max one)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
umm it seems to be that this a software problem... please try to uninstall manually the sound drivers by going to the device manager just go to start and type "device manager" and left click on the sound hardware them click on uninstall once you are done proceed to uninstall all other files from the control panel. Then try to install it again. some times when you install a new version over an old one what it does is just to replace the old files with the new ones and the OS doesn load all the entries correctly... please try to connect all the ports required to your motherboard based on its manual.

Reactions: jamescv7
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.