Frost's Security Configuration

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @Frost.:) Coincidentally, I went with Norton too (on Windows 8.1).
I hope you are as pleased as I.:cool:

This just in: An active member whom had also made Norton available to me, recommended the following site which is promoting a Free Giveaway for Shadow Defender (link omitted). Here is MalwareTips Shadow Defender Giveaway that is going on right now

Your configuration looks good, thanks for sharing the update too!:D

Update: Frost, I returned & chose to omit the link after discussing my share with a concerned staff member,:( ..but there is also good news which includes Shadow Defender!:)
Here then is a thread where you can get a free limited version of Shadow Defender:
(24 hrs or less) Giveaway - Shadow Defender Free

Another free virtualization alternative you may consider for keeping malware in it's place is called Time Freeze. I've used it. You can check it out here: ToolWiz Time Freeze

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
You've created a leaner, and hopefully an enjoyably more responsive configuration, @Frost. As I am personally still afloat on board the "Good Ship" Norton, I'd be quite interested to hear your evolving impressions and feedback concerning your new voyages with Kaspersky!o_O ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Frost and frogboy

Frost

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2015
You've created a leaner, and hopefully an enjoyably more responsive configuration, @Frost. As I am personally still afloat on board the "Good Ship" Norton, I'd be quite interested to hear your evolving impressons and feedback concerning your new voyages with Kaspersky!o_O ;)

Kaspersky gives good protection but uses a considerable ammount of resources

Frost

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 11, 2015
Updated

-Added Eset SS 9
-Removed KTS due to Windows 10 comparability issues

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.