Solved FRST Fixlist help. Blocked from opening all programs

Carmbean

Thread author
May 18, 2019
Recently my desktop computer became infected and will not run or install any new programs or anti-virus, the task manager, or the CMD prompt. I was able to run FRST only from a USB in the troubleshooting boot up and have no addition.txt. I am not very computer savvy and do not want to uninstall anything that will cause my computer to fail to boot. Is there some way that I can turn this log into a safe fixlist? Also how can I create an addition.txt from the troubleshoot cmd prompt? (held shift and rebooted) I haven't been able to run FRST any other way.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    41.7 KB · Views: 6

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Download
51a5f31352b88-icon_MBAR.png
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.
  • Double-click the icon to start the tool.
  • It will ask you where to extract it, then it will start.
    • If it didn't start, locate mbar folder on your Desktop and double click on mbar.cmd

14kz52w.png

• Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.
  • Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.
  • Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
  • Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
  • When the scan is finished and no malware has been found select "Exit".
  • If malware was detected, make sure to check all the items and click "Cleanup". Reboot your computer.
  • Open the MBAR folder and paste the content of the following files in your next reply:
    • "mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txt"
    • "system-log.txt"

Carmbean

Thread author
May 18, 2019
I am unable to install malwarebytes anti-rootkit. When trying to run any installer I get a blue loading circle next to my mouse for about 15-20 minutes and then an error saying that the program timed out and nothing further happens. I tried downloading the installer from another computer and running it from a USB as well.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt and save it to your USB flashdrive as fixlist.txt

>> Boot into Recovery Environment

Start FRST in a similar manner to when you ran a scan earlier, but this time when it opens ....
  • Press the Fix button once and wait.
  • FRST will process fixlist.txt
  • When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt on your USB flashdrive.

>> Exit out of Recovery Environment and post me the log please.

Try to boot Windows normally...

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: oldschool

Carmbean

Thread author
May 18, 2019
Windows booted normally. Task manager still fails to open, but CMD prompt is now running! Don't want to try installing a program without instructions however so unsure if that is fixed.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 5

Carmbean

Thread author
May 18, 2019
Still unable to run programs through desktop mode. Tried using CMD prompt as well and got the error "access is denied". Attaching logs from another run through on troubleshooting mode.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    39 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: oldschool

Carmbean

Thread author
May 18, 2019
Safe mode worked, thanks. FRST and Addition attached

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    22.1 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST.txt
    43 KB · Views: 1

Carmbean

Thread author
May 18, 2019
I don't know if this information helps but there are 12 folders that have denied access and the computer freezes when I try and open them. None of these programs were downloaded on purpose.

In Program Files:
-AVAST software
-Bitdefender Agent
-Bullguard LTD
-ESET
-MalwareBytes

in Program Files x86:
-AVG
-Avira
-Baidu Security
-Checkpoint
-CT Data
-Panda Security

Carmbean

Thread author
May 18, 2019
Precisely. Don't know when they showed up, this is my roommates computer but he doesn't recognise any of the programs.

Carmbean

Thread author
May 18, 2019
Any ideas on the next step? I don't mean to be a pester I am just completely lost at this point I've never dealt with a computer this infected that has no antivirus to run

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Can you try to change permission on one of those folders to see if that will work?

Carmbean

Thread author
May 18, 2019
Nothing I am trying is working. Are you sure nothing can be done with the frst.txt and addition.txt I posted above from safe mode?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.