Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
DeviantArt user eversins has found a way to use a full dark theme on Windows 10 without the use of third party applications which applies to all apps of the Windows 10 OS.
eversins said:
A dark windows 10 theme which can be used _without_ modifying system files or installing third party applications. This is a High Contrast theme so it might change the look of some applications, best try it for your self if it affects you. This is probably the best I can do with the limited Windows 10 theme capabilities, I urge you to request a Dark theme or an better theme engine from Microsoft.
Grey Windows 10 theme - High Contrast
*Make sure you back up your default theme before using this

grey_windows_10_theme___high_contrast_by_eversins-d9mj1jh.png.jpg

Download the theme zip file here Redirection

Extract and click on the theme file

or the pastebin file deviantART: Outgoing Link

just copy this pastebin into a new *.theme file.(it must be saved as a .theme file)

To install the theme just copy the *.theme file to -> "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes"

It is a pretty nice full dark theme with some glitches.

If you click the them file from the .zip it automatically changes tthe theme which can be easily reverted back by choosing one your saved themes

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well in this case,its likely capable for such lower-end systems that experience not so good optimization at Windows 10 by default.

Not bad but as been mentioned, its too gray where we can see some border lines that can be reduce. ;)

breathejustice

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
I hope 3D dark theme would come out based on the Redmond theme.
I don't understand why MS adopts flat themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.