Solved Full screen programs keep throwing to desktop

abcd1234

Thread author
Sep 8, 2018
Recently, games that run in full screen keep throwing to desktop, every 3-4 minutes. The OS was installed around 3 weeks ago.
I've tried to disable programs one by one to locate which one causes the problem, but I've had no success. It is probably not connected to mouse movement or key pressing, because I've left the computer with a game running, and it still throwed to desktop.
I've attached the logs.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    54.5 KB · Views: 5
  • FRST.txt
    172.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Malwarebytes_log.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 5

abcd1234

Thread author
Sep 8, 2018
Thanks for the reply!
I've started to disable running processes to see which one causes the problem. Now it seems disabling Firefox (32 bites) solves the problem. This program is on both the Startup and Processes tab. The icon of it looks like a darker Firefox icon. I've attached two pictures for better understanding. The brighter Firefox icons are for the browser I'm exclusively using. If I select to open the folder where the "darker" Firefox file is located it shows: Users\Myuser\AppData\Roaming\teinObj\update.exe
I've checked the whole folder with Malwarebytes but it said the folder isn't infected.
Can I just simply delete this folder or it is a possible malware, that I need to take care of?

Attachments

• firefox1.jpg
    firefox1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 88
  • firefox2.jpg
    firefox2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 88

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Let's check that file:

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    62 bytes · Views: 5

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

How is the situation now?

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    217 bytes · Views: 8

abcd1234

Thread author
Sep 8, 2018
Since I've disabled it in Startup it caused no problem. I've executed the steps in your post and it disappeared from Startup, although the update.exe and accompanying files are still in Users\Myuser\AppData\Roaming\teinObj. Can I just simply delete the folder?
I've attached the fixlog.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    852 bytes · Views: 4

abcd1234

Thread author
Sep 8, 2018
I've deleted the folder. I've experienced no issue since I've disabled it on Startup . Thanks for the help!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.