G-Data 2018 version has been released

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Emsisoft dev said many times in their forums that he personally liked set Emsisoft to check only on execution and I understand why. Since the begining that's how it was supposed to be, block the execution of bad code. Checking all read/write with no restrictions on old HDD can leave to even poor protection I can tell you that.
WOW! This is interesting! May I please request that you educate me on this matter - checking on execution could provide better protection than checking read/write. Am I correct?

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
WOW! This is interesting! May I please request that you educate me on this matter - checking on execution could provide better protection than checking read/write. Am I correct?

It won't provide better protection, it gives you better performance. When I read the dev comment he said he personally picked the "check on execution only" as he said, it was "How AV should work" it was many years ago tho. There where people asking the dev in the same thread if puting it to "Check on execution only" will weak Emsisoft and he said he personally didn't think it would do so. Some old systems that run old HDD won't benefit at all from intensive read/write checking, it will even end in a bad story when the HDD is not able to handle all the AV requests, and protection won't be always good in this scenario. On execution will still block the execution of bad code, but will help reduce HDD usage. It's matter of what system are you running, if is capable or not of running AV with heavy settings, it's up to you.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Well, I am having problems to update to G Data 25.4.0.3 BETA, both times different errors in VM. I know that I tried it a week ago and everything was working fine, now on fresh VM it doesn't and same on host machine.

Nothing online can be found about these G Data errors and I don't expect rapid response from beta.retail(at)gdata.de :cautious:

(3110, 0x00000C26) and (3108, 00000C24)
gd.PNG gd2.PNG

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Well, I am having problems to update to G Data 25.4.0.3 BETA, both times different errors in VM. I know that I tried it a week ago and everything was working fine, now on fresh VM it doesn't and same on host machine.

Nothing online can be found about these G Data errors and I don't expect rapid response from beta.retail(at)gdata.de :cautious:

(3110, 0x00000C26) and (3108, 00000C24)
View attachment 177952 View attachment 177953
He is not being able to communicate with the G Data server, did you put the beta credentials correctly?

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

He is not being able to communicate with the G Data server, did you put the beta credentials correctly?
Yes. Signatures, BB and SysSec modules are updated successfully. For program updates it throws up errors in post #64 and in logs it says that update for program files "Not found" even tho it still offers to update to 25.4.0.3
gd3.PNG gd4.PNGgd5.PNG

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Use the G Data tool to clean (G DATA Downloads) up this entire installation, restart and install again, I think it will work (y)
Tried, same program file update errors. Thanks. Must be something with their update servers, or BETA credentials reached install limit. Not quite sure though. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Faybert

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Tried, same program file update errors. Thanks. Must be something with their update servers, or BETA credentials reached install limit. Not quite sure though. :confused:
Strange, I saw that you asked for help in Rokop Security, now it's waiting for a response from G DATA @rokop about your problem, sorry for not being able to help.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
first user got final update 25.4.0.3 (=> Gdata Total Security)

waiting for release @ internet security and antivirus :coffee:
Has it been confirmed that version 25.4.0.3 left the Beta?

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
No, waiting for some information from support @ rokop
Wait sit down, G Data Beta support is really bad, but I think you already know that. If it really came out of Beta, it's a matter of time to free up for Internet Security and Antivirus (which I use)

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

GData is ungodly buggy still.

Errors downloading the installer. Using Trial, able to download and register. Random 'Unable to start AV Engine' after updates.

This program is a complete fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.