Update G-Data 2018 version has been released

Discussion in 'G Data' started by LiLWaYnE, Oct 12, 2017.

1. LiLWaYnE

LiLWaYnE Level 8

Nov 4, 2011
    Official Website:
    https://www.gdatasoftware.co.uk/
    [​IMG]

The protective shield for your PC
    Virus scanner
    Put your trust in the highest detection rates with technologies working in parallel.

How it works
    Behavior monitoring
    Protect yourself against even unknown malware. G DATA Antivirus detects this from its conspicuous behaviour.

Information on behaviour analysis
    Email scanning
    Scans incoming email and attachments for suspicious content. Dangers are detected before anything has happened.

Exploit protection
    Protects your computer against criminals exploiting security holes in Office applications and PDF readers, for example.

How Exploit Protection works
    G DATA BankGuard
    Our patented technology secures your browser against manipulation by data thieves – for secure online banking and shopping.

Anti-RansomwareOPTIMIZED
    No opportunity for extortion Trojans – we stop criminals encrypting your files.

More about our technology
    USB Keyboard Guard
    Protects you against manipulated USB devices that pretend to be keyboards, even though they look like USB sticks or external hard drives.

Update Management
    Specify when and where your PC loads updates. This helps you avoid additional costs, by logging into a third-party WLAN for example.

[​IMG]
    The most important features in Internet Security
    Firewall
    Monitors all incoming and outgoing connections to protect against hackers and spyware – fully automatically or according to your own rules.

Cloud-BackupOPTIMIZED
    Automatically store your encrypted backups in the Cloud – using Dropbox or Google Drive.

Anti-RansomwareOPTIMIZED
    No opportunity for extortion Trojans: Internet Security stops criminals encrypting your files.

G DATA BankGuard
    Our patented technology secures your browser against manipulation by data thieves – for secure online banking and shopping.

The technology behind it
    Anti-Spam
    Stops spam such as advertising and phishing emails and keeps your mailbox clean.

How it works
    Parental Controls
    Control your children’s Internet usage. Specify times and only let your children surf to approved sites.

Virus scanner
    Put your trust in the highest detection rates with technologies working in parallel. Receive new virus signatures every hour, for the best protection against malware.

Exploit protection
    Protects your computer against criminals exploiting security holes in Office applications and PDF readers, for example.

[​IMG]
    The most important features in G DATA Total Security
    Anti-RansomwareOPTIMIZED
    No opportunity for extortion Trojans: our Anti-Ransomware technology detects extortion Trojans before they can take your data hostage. We protect you against criminals trying to encrypt your photos, documents and personal data.

More about the new function
    Password managerOPTIMIZED
    This function memorises your passwords for online shops, forums, your email account and much more. Simply integrate our Password Manager into your browser. Passwords and contact data are filled in automatically if required.

More about Password Manager
    Backups
    Automatically back up your data locally on your PC or in the Cloud. With password-protected backups, your data always stays protected. Use Google Drive or Dropbox for your data backup.

Information on backups
    Encryption
    Protect confidential information and files with a password. Then they can only be accessed by people you genuinely trust. Also encrypt external storage media such as USB sticks in this way. Encrypt them by simply using your secure password – without having to install software first.

G DATA BankGuard
    Make your banking transactions and online shopping secure – with our patented BankGuard technology. This function ensures that your browser only displays genuine content.

Access control
    Specify who is allowed to use USB sticks, burners, hard drives and other devices on your PC. With Access Control, you can manage the use of all your USB slots. This will stop malware getting onto your computer via external storage media.

Browser Cleaner
    Tidy up properly – with our Browser Cleaner you can remove unwanted toolbars and add-ons from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.

Performance-Tuner
    Delete outdated cache entries and other ballast. Improve the performance of your PC with a few clicks.

2. darko999

darko999 Level 16

Oct 2, 2014
    Will they give free upgrade from 2017 users? Thanks for the news on 2018 version :D

3. wert33

wert33 Level 2

May 22, 2012
    Germany
    yes, free upgrade for all user

4. amir 957

amir 957 Level 4

Jan 9, 2017
    Iran
    Windows 10
    ESET
    I am wondering is there any new feature?:unsure:

spaceoctopus and frogboy like this.
  5. amico81

amico81 Level 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Germany
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    #5 amico81, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    yes, the basic antivirus will be updated with the anti-spam module.
    the new version will be 25.4.0.2 with some performance improvements and optimisations for the windows fall update

Currently this news are in german:
    G DATA Antivirus ab sofort mit neuem Anti-Spam-Modul

6. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    AppGuard LLC Virginia, U.S.
    The Locky-Signed sample did not trigger the behavior blocker.

Still a bunch of bugs in file quarantining. Lots of unexpected behaviors.

7. bob974

bob974 Level 4

Feb 5, 2013
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    What bothers me about GDATA is its impact on performance. Apparently, the impact would be smaller, can you confirm that?

8. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    I see no difference because I am on i7 SSD systems. In my experience it is not heavy. Actually it is hardly noticeable.

Regardless of what anyone says you have to run the trial to see how it impacts performance on your specific system.

9. amico81

amico81 Level 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Germany
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    I can confirm this....performance is good. Gdata AV 2018 is the protection for my gaming system ( i7 3770k, ssd 840 evo,16 gb ram and win 10 pro)
    web surfing is fast without any handbrake.

spaceoctopus, bob974 and darko999 like this.
  10. darko999

darko999 Level 16

Oct 2, 2014
    The new update has not arrived for me yet, I'm still on 25.4.0.1

spaceoctopus and frogboy like this.
  11. amico81

amico81 Level 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Germany
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    Same here...the update is rolling out step by step. I believe first the Internet security,after that the total security and antivirus

spaceoctopus and darko999 like this.
  12. darko999

darko999 Level 16

Oct 2, 2014
    Try to set real time monitoring to "Only check on execution" and enable critical area monitoring to your likening like in image below. I get real good performance with these settings.
    [​IMG]

13. bob974

bob974 Level 4

Feb 5, 2013
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I just tested it on another computer with windows 10.
    Apparently, I don't see any slowdowns. Gdata seems to have improved on this point.

spaceoctopus and amico81 like this.
  14. davisd

davisd Level 9

Feb 2, 2016
    Latvia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    #14 davisd, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    25.4.0.1 was 2017. version, and suddenly 25.4.0.2 is 2018. :confused: They are for sure on top with it's Behavior Blocker and AV detection technologies, but they are behind in fixing existing bugs and updating older components. I'm not really sure what they are doing, since e-mail support requests isn't answering for weeks. Also, there's no noticable changes/innovations in 2018. version. Not really a happy G Data customer lately. I had higher expectations for it's new version, sadly it's just number changes..

15. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    From what I saw, basically, 2018 = 2017.

16. amico81

amico81 Level 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Germany
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    A great antivirus doesn't need big chances. I'm waiting for the update. No antivirus is perfect

spaceoctopus likes this.
  17. Mehdi Mohammadi

Mehdi Mohammadi Level 1

Sep 14, 2017
    Network Administrator
    Iran
    Windows 10
    Norton
    I downloaded G-Data online installer today. The version is 25.4.0.2.

spaceoctopus and amico81 like this.
  18. amico81

amico81 Level 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Germany
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    I will come back to Gdata after end of the trial from bullguard

spaceoctopus likes this.
  19. amico81

amico81 Level 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Germany
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    wich appdata? i have 3 folders with appdata. in default folder, in default-migrated-folder or in default-app-pool ?

darko999 likes this.
  20. darko999

darko999 Level 16

Oct 2, 2014
    You can add any folder that you find sensitive and that check on "Read/Write" is needed instead of "On execution only". I added the root Appdata for the actual current user, which should be "c:\users\youruser\appdata". And downloads folder because I want files that I download to be also checked on read/write.

amico81 likes this.