Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
GDATA-EN-AV-2018-BOXshot-RGB-3DR_79947w654h795.png

The protective shield for your PC
Virus scanner
Put your trust in the highest detection rates with technologies working in parallel.

How it works
Behavior monitoring
Protect yourself against even unknown malware. G DATA Antivirus detects this from its conspicuous behaviour.

Information on behaviour analysis
Email scanning
Scans incoming email and attachments for suspicious content. Dangers are detected before anything has happened.

Exploit protection
Protects your computer against criminals exploiting security holes in Office applications and PDF readers, for example.

How Exploit Protection works
G DATA BankGuard
Our patented technology secures your browser against manipulation by data thieves – for secure online banking and shopping.

Anti-RansomwareOPTIMIZED
No opportunity for extortion Trojans – we stop criminals encrypting your files.

More about our technology
USB Keyboard Guard
Protects you against manipulated USB devices that pretend to be keyboards, even though they look like USB sticks or external hard drives.

Update Management
Specify when and where your PC loads updates. This helps you avoid additional costs, by logging into a third-party WLAN for example.

GDATA-EN-IS-2018-BOXshot-RGB-3DR_79950w654h795.png

The most important features in Internet Security
Firewall
Monitors all incoming and outgoing connections to protect against hackers and spyware – fully automatically or according to your own rules.

Cloud-BackupOPTIMIZED
Automatically store your encrypted backups in the Cloud – using Dropbox or Google Drive.

Anti-RansomwareOPTIMIZED
No opportunity for extortion Trojans: Internet Security stops criminals encrypting your files.

G DATA BankGuard
Our patented technology secures your browser against manipulation by data thieves – for secure online banking and shopping.

The technology behind it
Anti-Spam
Stops spam such as advertising and phishing emails and keeps your mailbox clean.

How it works
Parental Controls
Control your children’s Internet usage. Specify times and only let your children surf to approved sites.

Virus scanner
Put your trust in the highest detection rates with technologies working in parallel. Receive new virus signatures every hour, for the best protection against malware.

Exploit protection
Protects your computer against criminals exploiting security holes in Office applications and PDF readers, for example.

GDATA-EN-TS-2018-BOXshot-RGB-3DR_79949w654h795.png

The most important features in G DATA Total Security
Anti-RansomwareOPTIMIZED
No opportunity for extortion Trojans: our Anti-Ransomware technology detects extortion Trojans before they can take your data hostage. We protect you against criminals trying to encrypt your photos, documents and personal data.

More about the new function
Password managerOPTIMIZED
This function memorises your passwords for online shops, forums, your email account and much more. Simply integrate our Password Manager into your browser. Passwords and contact data are filled in automatically if required.

More about Password Manager
Backups
Automatically back up your data locally on your PC or in the Cloud. With password-protected backups, your data always stays protected. Use Google Drive or Dropbox for your data backup.

Information on backups
Encryption
Protect confidential information and files with a password. Then they can only be accessed by people you genuinely trust. Also encrypt external storage media such as USB sticks in this way. Encrypt them by simply using your secure password – without having to install software first.

G DATA BankGuard
Make your banking transactions and online shopping secure – with our patented BankGuard technology. This function ensures that your browser only displays genuine content.

Access control
Specify who is allowed to use USB sticks, burners, hard drives and other devices on your PC. With Access Control, you can manage the use of all your USB slots. This will stop malware getting onto your computer via external storage media.

Browser Cleaner
Tidy up properly – with our Browser Cleaner you can remove unwanted toolbars and add-ons from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.

Performance-Tuner
Delete outdated cache entries and other ballast. Improve the performance of your PC with a few clicks.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Last edited:

bob974

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
What bothers me about GDATA is its impact on performance. Apparently, the impact would be smaller, can you confirm that?

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I can confirm this....performance is good. Gdata AV 2018 is the protection for my gaming system ( i7 3770k, ssd 840 evo,16 gb ram and win 10 pro)
web surfing is fast without any handbrake.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

25.4.0.1 was 2017. version, and suddenly 25.4.0.2 is 2018. :confused: They are for sure on top with it's Behavior Blocker and AV detection technologies, but they are behind in fixing existing bugs and updating older components. I'm not really sure what they are doing, since e-mail support requests isn't answering for weeks. Also, there's no noticable changes/innovations in 2018. version. Not really a happy G Data customer lately. I had higher expectations for it's new version, sadly it's just number changes..

Last edited by a moderator:

25.4.0.1 was 2017. version, and suddenly 25.4.0.2 is 2018. :confused: They are for sure on top with it's Behavior Blocker and AV detection technologies, but they are behind in fixing existing bugs and updating older components. I'm not really sure what they are doing, since e-mail support requests isn't answering for weeks. Also, there's no noticable changes/innovations in 2018. version. Not really a happy G Data customer lately. I had higher expectations. Might have to look for other alternatives.. :confused:

From what I saw, basically, 2018 = 2017.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
A great antivirus doesn't need big chances. I'm waiting for the update. No antivirus is perfect

Reactions: spaceoctopus

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Try to set real time monitoring to "Only check on execution" and enable critical area monitoring to your likening like in image below. I get real good performance with these settings.
nYlYItJ.png

wich appdata? i have 3 folders with appdata. in default folder, in default-migrated-folder or in default-app-pool ?

Reactions: darko999

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
wich appdata? i have 3 folders with appdata. in default folder, in default-migrated-folder or in default-app-pool ?

You can add any folder that you find sensitive and that check on "Read/Write" is needed instead of "On execution only". I added the root Appdata for the actual current user, which should be "c:\users\youruser\appdata". And downloads folder because I want files that I download to be also checked on read/write.

Reactions: amico81
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.