App Review G-Data Behaviour Blocker Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Thirio

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Look back i asked... To Avira and they said they have multiple engines..
Aliases are just the different names other vendors use for that same file/signature. All that page tells us is what a few other companies detect eicar as. Avira doesn't use those engines. Pretty much every vendor detects eicar its standard business practice for them so their users to test if the product is working.
Antivirus scan for 275a021bbfb6489e54d471899f7db9d1663fc695ec2fe2a2c4538aabf651fd0f at 2017-03-19 16:40:51 UTC - VirusTotal

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Aliases are just the different names other vendors use for that same file/signature. All that page tells us is what a few other companies detect eicar as. Avira doesn't use those engines. Pretty much every vendor detects eicar its standard business practice for them so their users to test if the product is working.
Antivirus scan for 275a021bbfb6489e54d471899f7db9d1663fc695ec2fe2a2c4538aabf651fd0f at 2017-03-19 16:40:51 UTC - VirusTotal
Thirio Pls stop complaining i asked them and they said We use multiple Engines and i found that link to show wich ENGINES :p

Reactions: MalwareBlockerYT

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Thirio Pls stop complaining i asked them and they said We use multiple Engines and i found that link to show wich ENGINES :p
That link you shared does not show any third party engine that avira uses. That's only virus databases that like @Nightwalker said, can use Avira, due to different agreements with other companies.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

Little Knowledge is dangerous...! That is a false statement. Asking the forum support and then making self-decision is a wrong move. We have testers here who will give in-depth reviews and knowledge on various matters.

I dont' get it why do you turn every thread into an Avira discussion? This thread "was" about GData. You need to stop marketing Avira here... :|

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Thanks for testing "my" antivirus, haha.
For me one of the best AV on the market, for those who have doubts about which antivirus to choose, test it and tell me, it will surprise :)
For sure iTS one of THE best ;)
THE only thing iT misses is à good cloud ;(
But ill stop here with Avira if you want more info About THE 11 engines pm me And dont reply here
:)

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
YOu can prove me wrong but Gdata lacks a Great cloud module...
And my friend ( i am the it guy from my friends :p ) got a ransom trough Gdata After, it we searched another av and came up on Avira..
It blocked the file ransomware with cloud ;)
( We tested gdata also after it also but didnt block it )
I think it's getting a bit much now that you're mentioning Avira on pretty much every thread. I'm not a Gdata fan but it offers a LOT more features than Avira, all Avira is is Windows defender on steroids I don't care how much they paid to be named product of the year they aren't even in the top three internet security suites or even AV's. And this is coming from someone who used to love Avira I used it for a long time and know exactly how to tweak it, but it doesn't matter how much you weak Avira it's zero day protection is shocking some might even say it's none existent. So, like I said even though I'm not a fan of Gdata it offer a lot more protection than Abira does. Avira had its best day's when all that mattered was signatures.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
I think it's getting a bit much now that you're mentioning Avira on pretty much every thread. I'm not a Gdata fan but it offers a LOT more features than Avira, all Avira is is Windows defender on steroids I don't care how much they paid to be named product of the year they aren't even in the top three internet security suites or even AV's. And this is coming from someone who used to love Avira I used it for a long time and know exactly how to tweak it, but it doesn't matter how much you weak Avira it's zero day protection is shocking some might even say it's none existent. So, like I said even though I'm not a fan of Gdata it offer a lot more protection than Abira does. Avira had its best day's when all that mattered was signatures.
I am à fan of G data u know .. I Even know them in real Life ;)

But i dont like The normal Behavior blocker..

I am actualy loving Cloud scannings wich is in Gdata like nothing.

I am Also THE one who asked full review of iT on Tpsc And malware blocker..

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Great review. I would like to better understand the problem with Cerber ...
Thanks & I'm not sure why it misses Cerber, but it does for some reason against the BB & possibly with signatures enabled too (but don't quote me on the 2nd one).
Thanks for testing "my" antivirus, haha.
For me one of the best AV on the market, for those who have doubts about which antivirus to choose, test it and tell me, it will surprise :)
No problem :) Thanks for watching & it is a great AV, but there are other AVs equally as good if not better in some aspects.

Thanks for the review :)
So is GData BB cloud based ?
In this case, there is a better chance of a quick response from a cloud server with "almost" real-time results.
No problem, thanks for watching :D It does have an element of cloud-based detection, but I'm not sure if the BB is connected to the cloud specifically.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.