App Review G DATA Internet Security vs Ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
Without valid/not input license G Data protection mechanisms and cloud lookup doesn't work as intended, also first signature and module update after install was not completed (don't be fooled by "Virus signatures are up to date", because its meant for inbuilt at install time). Younoober probably missed that fact, oops.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Without valid/not input license G Data protection mechanisms and cloud lookup doesn't work as intended, also first signature and module update after install wasn't not completed (don't be fooled by "Virus signatures are up to date", because its meant for inbuilt at install time). Younoober probably missed that fact, oops.
Right, I was thinking the same. First of all, the product wasn't activated so shouldn't expect all the features to work then he posted this video on December 6 while G-Data shows it was last updated on November 21 but without activation it actually refers to the installation date and he's also hiding the date on his system clock. Everything about this test is wrong. Btw, I don't like this "Juan Diaz" guy's test anyway. He's not a good tester.

Last edited:

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
One thing that I've learned as an amateur tester is that testing is not as simple as double clicking an installer, waiting for it to update, and then starting to run malware.

A lot of AVs act strangely after install even if they claim they don't need a reboot. Some have settings that experienced users know they should turn on (like ESET'S deep heuristics engine or SEP'S SONAR sensitivity settings). And others have this kind of licensing based behavior. F-Secure used to have this unintuitive behavior where files that were already present on the system were treated less suspiciously by their non signatures engines compared to files that came from a browser or external drive so the manner in which malware samples were introduced matters.

I usually try to use the software for a while and become familiar before I'm willing to report on test results with them, so that's mainly why when someone asks "hey why don't you test XXXX", I would really like to but it'll take me some time to find a machine where I want to use that AV for a while to become familiar with its behavior.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Personal I think it's time for testers stop using Windows 7. Of course many home users and even companies will keep using it even after the 14th January 2020 but the transition must be made and IMO we all that can should also be role models instead of hold people back with tests using less secure systems, OS etc.

That G-Data failed in this test is not the end of the world. A few years back when just one single bypass was equal 100% useless. That kind of poor attitude this forum sadly had too much off and I'm very glad that is not the general case anymore. I just hope this youtube tester at least submit the sample as that if anything will help everyone.

Thanks for the share @Correlate :emoji_beer:

Last edited:

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
b3569fd7bcf20f5eeda498605c8917a8.png

Also, as seen in his/her test of OSarmor (skip to 1:02) he/she litteraly enables every single setting, including blocking the execution of any program that litteraly isnt located in the D: drive.

Last edited:

[correlate]

Level 18
Thread author
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
View attachment 230666
Also, as seen in his/her test of OSarmor (skip to 1:02) he/she litteraly enables every single setting, including blocking the execution of any program that litteraly isnt located in the D: drive.

As he is really deleting comments, it has become clear that he is really a cheater. I will not post videos in the future to such people
I'm sorry.

[correlate]

Level 18
Thread author
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
No apology needed! Most of us are aware of this clown!

It's a clown, really good to expose here

Don't be, It's ok. I didn't like him but didn't know he's a cheater. So, at least more people will know this now after watching this thread.
In fact, everyone will know the truth about this cheater.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.