Battle G-data IS 2014 vs Avast IS 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin hood

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Dec 12, 2012
I can not decide G-data or Avast?I have a license G-dataIS 2014 and AvastIS 2014,I can not decide to put on my computer.Ask you for your opinion..(sorry for bad english)

robin hood

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Dec 12, 2012
here is my dilemma:

http://antivirus-software.findthebe...nternet-Security-vs-G-Data-TotalSecurity-2014

G-data : A red X means no protection??
  • Game Mode
  • Instant Message Protection
  • One-click scanning
  • Personalized AntiVirus scans
    • Anti-Rootkit
    • Anti-Spyware/Adware
    • Automatic Updates
    • Boot-Time Scan
    • Keyloggers
    • Malware Protection
    • Parental Controls
    • Phishing Protection
    • Real-Time Protection
    • Trojan Protection
    • Two-Way Firewall

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not sure where you found that site, but it's not reliable. I would avoid using "findthebest" site.

G-Data Awards: https://www.gdata-software.com/about-g-data/awards.html
- AV Test, VB100 etc.

G-Data TS: https://www.gdata-software.com/online-shop/g-data-totalsecurity.html
upload_2014-4-18_17-3-0.png

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
here is my dilemma:

http://antivirus-software.findthebe...nternet-Security-vs-G-Data-TotalSecurity-2014

G-data : A red X means no protection??
  • Game Mode
  • Instant Message Protection
  • One-click scanning
  • Personalized AntiVirus scans
    • Anti-Rootkit
    • Anti-Spyware/Adware
    • Automatic Updates
    • Boot-Time Scan
    • Keyloggers
    • Malware Protection
    • Parental Controls
    • Phishing Protection
    • Real-Time Protection
    • Trojan Protection
    • Two-Way Firewall

Lol you might as well call Avast and ask them if they are better then G-Data and all the other security brands together.
Guess what they are going to say?
Same goes for G-Data call them and obviously they will tell you G-data beats all.
My point here is that webpage you are showing is a known BS webpage.
As long you got money to spend they will advise you whatever brings them the most commission.

Long story short, I have a huge respect for Avast as they are pretty good, but in my humble and proffesional opinion G-data does have a edge.

Anyway i cannot believe that we have another A VS B topic.
When are people going to understand that it really does not matter if you buy trentmicro, norton or freaking bitdefender, these brands are all good and all have their own PLUS and DOWN sides but below the line they offer pretty much the same protection as they all count on the fact that you use common sense and a updated and well configurated PC.
90% of all the people who bitch about a certain AV as not providing as much protection as the user would have liked are mostly the users that tweak their windows and mix programs without actually having the insight knowledge to realize what their tweaks and modifications do and what impact it has on the system other then a small speed boost...
One does not need to like windows, but a standard windows patched up and protected by a internet security suit is as hardened as it gets.
All other programs are just extra but do not provide extra protection.
Hence why i always say less is more.

Cheers

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
What's your opinion on EMET, for home use?

Truthfully? EMET is great in what its doing, no perfect but it does do its job.
And i could recommend it, however its funny that Windows needs EMET in the first place considering it only enhances native windows functions.
But its good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.