G DATA Version 25.5.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
Some AV vendors made a lot bigger bugs then GDATA.
Im currently using GDATA IS+Spyshelter+HMPA+OS Armor.
GDATA's keylogger protection is disable because spyshelter covers that.

Anyway, i switched win7->windows10 two months ago.
Just for fun, i fast-tested Atelier Firewall Tester.
Base system: GDATA IS+Spyshelter Premium+HMPA
-Test 1-3 passed, 4-6 failed
GDATA IS(firewall disabled)+Spyshelter Premium+HMPA+Fort Knox Firewall
-Test 1-4 passed, 5-6 failed
GDATA IS(firewall disabled)+Spyshelter Premium+HMPA+Zonealarm Pro(max settings)
GDATA IS(firewall disabled)+Spyshelter Premium+HMPA+Comodo Firewall(Firewall component only active)
GDATA IS(firewall disabled)+Spyshelter Premium+HMPA+Latest version of Outpost Firewall Pro(i THINK i disabled all but firewall component)
-Test 1-6 PASSED

I was like...wtf :D I would have wanted so see GData BB in action...but no.
hi :giggle:
bitdefender TS would not let Atelier Firewall Tester install. why didn't gdata, HMPA, COModo or spyshelter stop it? any one?

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hello Brie,
Its 100% legit software to install and test. You can whitelisted it, install and test it. With BD TS you should pass test 1-3 easily. Test 4-6 are more difficult and test you HIPS/Firewall security. So when you run the test, just deny all if there's a pop up of your currently installed security softwares. The test does not harm in any way your system. Remember to keep your favorite browser active, so the test 5-6 actually works (it tries to patch browser .exe to get an access to internet).
Sure, BD always block security test tools...maybe because BD failed those tests?. So did my Gdata...damit.

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Tested again with Gdata and Comodo Firewall(custom ruleset) with Safe mode hips enabled. Epic failed tests 5-6...

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I tried G-Data a couple of times but the only problem I has was it blocked my Marantz Streamer from connecting to a PC & my iPhone/tablets I use to control the streamer. I got it to work but after rebooting the issue always returned. Its the only firewall I have ever used to do this so in the end I gave up after much hair pulling (the cat went out the way too), pity though I like it.

I have reported that with certain NIC configurations, the firewall won't create rules under certain circumstances; the firewall simply remains in permissive (ALLOW ALL) mode.

In a worst case scenario, it is pwnage.

Can never get things like this fixed.

Frustrating and disappointing.

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
i allowed atelier on bitdefender TS. atelier firewall tester would not install. it gave error codes 2503 and 2502.

i allowed atelier on bitdefender TS. atelier firewall tester would not install. it gave error codes 2503 and 2502.

Bitdefender does not always honor exclusions. In other words, it will continue to block access despite you allowing a process.

That could be what happened.

@Brie

DrWeb 12 Beta

Dr.Web — innovative anti-virus technologies. Comprehensive protection from Internet threats.

There is a hidden way to disable processes with it, similar to software restriction policy. If you decide to try it, then PM me and I will show you.

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.