Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would consider that G-Data provides more levels of protection than F-Secure, when solely choosing an Antivirus product.

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_gb/anti-virus
http://www.gdatasoftware.co.uk/online-shop/product/g-data-antivirus.html

Which one is better? That's for you to decide.

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
F-Secure didn't work well on my PC so I can't comment it .
G Data is a very nice product,especially the last version (much lighter than the previous one).Detection is superb,GUI is very nice too and it uses Bitdefender engine.
It also scans faster.G Data has done a nice job with the 2014 version.

S

starchild76

I have both tried gdata and fsecure : and they are both memory hogs and slow down the system enormously , but If I had to choose on of the two : I would put my trust in gdata!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
As Earth said, G-Data offer more layers of security compared to F-Secure. Reason being is that G-Data has to AV engines compared to F-Secure.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Neither one, detection rate is only secondary to performance, compatibility and stability. Multi-engine real-time AV are always more heavy on resources, usually have compatibility or stability problems and produce more false positives.

A single engine AV along with UAC, good downloading, installing and surfing habits will always be a better choice.

Thanks. :D

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
So, I guess G Data is much better than F-Secure. :) BTW what is the other engine used by G Data aside from BitDefender?

Reactions: Logethica

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
ad18 said:
I got a bad infection while using F-Secure. I would not recommend it.

You can get a bad infection using any AV product none of them will detect everything. Watching what you download and install will protect you from things not detected.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
You will not find any perfect answer by this type of polling as every user have their own choice.
The best way to judge a product is to install 30 trial use yourself and make conclusion.
The A vs B is just for member's personal opinion and for fun and I myself do this for fun :p

You can look at here http://malwaretips.com/Thread-F-secure-vs-G-data-antivirus where F-secure winning and and in the same year in your thread its G-data which have upper hand.
P.S. The lass poll was for av and your is for IS.

Thanks

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
hmm this is a close call but i think i'd go for GDATA though it slows than your pc more than fsecure. both have great detection but GDATA's is legendary! :D and no im not kidding about using that word, gdata been the king of file detection for couple of years now!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
G-Data uses their own in-house engine alongside Bitdefender. Avast's engine is no longer present in 2014.
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-G-Data-2014-Final
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-G-Data-Total-Protection-2014-BETA?page=2

King Mellow said:
what is the other engine used by G Data aside from BitDefender?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It is not known how good GData's in house engine is compared to the older versions that used Avast. Emsisoft AM would be better then both GData and F-Secure since it also uses BitDefender along with their own engine which has been proven to be effective plus they are now removing BitDefender false positives unlike other AV's that use BitDefender's engine.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
> Try both G-Data & F-Secure 1st and contact their support.
> Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. And how fast they get back to you.
> Customer Support is the most important things!
> Next, detection and detection rate for malware.
> Removal and clean-up!
> The Antivirus must be able to remove all the malware with registry keys, ect. Not leaving anything behind!
> Finally, prevention!
> No antivirus is a 100%
> Ram usage, ect......
> Hope you make the right choice and good luck.

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hello

really difficult to choose between as two solutions are goods and quite equal in my opinion.
I will vote for gdata for dual antivirus engine and maybe a better performance (lighter in my own experience even if i found 2014 little heavier on my system than 2013)

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

I use G Data form version 2012...G Data 2014 is light on system, good detection, stable product, very good support.

I have 6 tests from VB100(pdf), G Data is on top.

Have a nice day!

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hi Paul.R!

Could you provide a link for the 6 tests (PDF) Question, please Paul.R And if you got an infection that you could not remove would G Data Customer/Technical Support help you remove the infection from your PC?
Also, do you know G Data removal rate and cleaning up rate? And removing unwanted registry keys,after a
malware attack?

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
G Data dosen't have a good removal rate but has good detection rate, also I don't care because I trust G Data, I use G Data, I like G Data, I'm feel safe with G Data.

I don't have a link, because those tests are pay one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.