Showcase Gaming-Laptop: MSI-GT72-2QD (GTX970M, i7)

OS installed
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Motherboard
Chipset: Intel® HM87
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-5700HQ
GPU
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 970M-Grafik with 3,0 GB GDDR5 VRAM
and Intel Onboard-GPU
RAM
8 GB (1x 8 GB DDR3L)
Storage
Hybrid: 256 GB SSD (M.2 SATA) + 1 TB (SATA) 7.200rpm
Accessories
*) HDMI 1.4, 2x Mini DisplayPort 1.2
*) Blu-ray recorder
*) Lautsprecher Stereo + Subwoofer (Sound by Dynaudio)
*) USB 3.1
*) Killer™-DoubleShot-Pro-Gaming-Netzwerk for LAN & ac-WLAN
*) 4k-Video-output over HDMI and DisplayPort
*) 7.1-Sound analog and per SPDIF

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
hi

here is my Gaming-machine/laptop: "msi-GT72-2QD8H21BW". I puchased it about 1 year ago.
It's my second gaming-Laptop from MSI: i also have a "msi-GE60-2PE" (with GTX 860M, i7, 15'', SSD (256 GB))
More informations (and pictures) about this msi GT72:
MSI GT72-2QD8H21BW

see yahhh

LASER_oneXM .....live from EUROPE!

....sorry couldn't attach any images/data sheets to this post: something is wrong with the board software
or maybe with the configuration of my browser. .... also "Preview...." doesnt work....
So i will try to upload the files/images later.....

Attachments

• msi_GT72.jpg
    msi_GT72.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 470
  • msi_GT72-2QD8H21BW_001781-SKU101.pdf
    694.8 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
@Huracan
yes, i already thought about upgrading to Win10: i'm a "gamer" and some time ago i could read an article about the gaming performance of W10. W10 is much better than W8.1/W7: you dont need to upgrade your hardware, you just have to install the new free OS and you get some FPS for free. But i'm still worried about the stability and the build-in "spy-ware". This are the reasons, why i'm still running W8.1 on this laptop. I definetly want to upgrade to W10 but i will wait (....and then pay ;) ) until the first ServicePack has been released.

@SHvFl
yes: i knew it's wasted money. But i'm a "gamer" and me and my friends are playing very often together: it's just much more fun than playing games alone at home.....

See yahhh!
LASER ..............live from Europe!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There are no Service Packs anymore, but Windows 10 Anniversary Update will be released in July.

Why pay $120 for something you can get for free, or do you plan to upgrade to Professional edition?

LahiruRajinda

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Personally, I prefer ROGs. But GTX970M is really awesome. You can overclock it to surpass the legendary 980M.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
@ LahiruTarz

yes, I also took a look at ROGs. But at that time (1 year ago) ASUS had no possibility to easy disassembly their laptops (e.g. to clean the fans). And they were a litle bit more expensive in Europe: i paid for my GT72 only 1600 Euros, was a quite good offer (regular 1900 Euro).
The GT72-series has an GPU-slot and a CPU-socket (similar/like a normal desktop-PC) so you can just simple and easy replace/upgrade the CPU and the GPU. ROGs didn't have this possibilities. And also you can very easy/fast disassembly the GT72. So the decission was quite simple....
There is a second version of my GTX970M: my GTX has only 3 GB VRAM. The second version has 6GB VRAM. So next year (maybe)
i will upgrade to this GPU...

@ Huracan

.. no, i gues i will upgrade only to home-edition.

___EDIT:__ ooops ....sorry .....the CPU is not removable. Only the GPU can be replaced. ___EDIT:__

See yahhh!
LASER_oneXM ..............live from Europe!

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.