Gaming pc around $5,000

Hawk

Thread author
Jan 14, 2015
I know there is already a thread with this topic but i want to be a bit more specific in what i want. First off 5k is an estimate if its under and still a great pc that can run pretty much everything on ultra settings or 4k im good with that if its slightly over im ok with that too. I work mostly out of town and while i was considering a laptop for ease of use i really don't want to pay the extra money for something that is inferior to a desktop. So as for the pc. Storage is not a big deal to me it is a gaming pc but 1tb-2tb would probably be more then enough space for me as i delete games off and install as needed from steam library. I do have a mouse keyboard and monitor but they are dated so upgrading even if thats puts me over 5k is fine. The monitor would be what im really looking for something to go with the new pc. I also host a lot of games so thinking 32 gigs of ram and while its overkill for most everything I just like the number. Last but not least the case. As much as looks don't matter at all for performance i wouldn't mind having a flashy case or at least something with a window. I have been looking all over the internet looking for the best deals and pre built but i don't know enough about all the current tech to make informed decisions on how I should proceed. One last thing if you happen to have a laptop for a decent price that is comparable within reason to desktops with a decent screen size i would be willing to check that out to.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
A gaming tower has more advantages over a gaming laptop, mainly when you want to upgrade the hardware.

If you are looking for a tower, then your best bet is to custom build it. What you will need to decide are two things: Intel or AMD processor and Nvidia or AMD Radeon graphic cards.

Here are some basic recommendations, note that the price is in British pounds:

Intel Core i7 5820K @ 3.8GHz OC Six Core Haswell-E Nvidia Gaming PC

Intel Core i7 5930K @ 3.8GHz OC Six Core Haswell-E Nvidia SLI Gaming PC

Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz Overclocked AMD Radeon Crossfire Gaming PC

Intel Core i7 5930K @ 3.8GHz OC Six Core Haswell-E AMD Crossfire Gaming PC

If you want to go Laptop routes, then you have limited choices:

Aorus X7 v2-CF1 17.3" which runs:
Intel Core i7-4860HQ, 16GB DDR3, 3x128 SSD RAID, 1TB HDD, Dual NVIDIA GTX 860M SLI

Aorus X7 Pro V3-CF1 17.3" which runs:
Intel Core i7-4870HQ, 16GB DDR3, 2x256 SSD RAID, 1TB HDD, Dual NVIDIA GTX 970M SLI

Alienware (depends on what you want really on that one)

Asus ROG series (Republic of Gamers) with 17.3": (I use one myself: ASUS ROG G750JM 17.3" model and cant say I ain't happy... specially the silence and cooling that this beast has).

MSI 17.3'' series, like: MSI GS70 2QE

Note: Models varies on different countries.

Aorus X7 v2 and v3 can be as expensive or more than Alienware and MSI.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.