gbpackerfan's config (2/20/2012)

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Privacy: Peerblock (HTTP Blocking Disabled)
Sandbox: Sandboxie
Media Player: VLC Media Player

Any suggestions on how to improve this? :)

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
RE: aaronpackers's config

Do you use any add-ons in Firefox and if yes, What are they? Which DNS server do you use?

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011

win7holic said:
since your level of risk is LOW.
you can add WOT and adblock plus add-on for firefox.
or, VTzilla.

Oh yeah, I forgot to put that on there. I already have MyWot and Ad-Block. That's the only reason I don't use Chrome haha, cause it's Ad-Block is awful.

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011

MrXidus said:
Do you use any add-ons in Firefox and if yes, What are they? Which DNS server do you use?

I don't use any haha, cause doesn't it slow down your internet? Could you suggest any to me?

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011

win7holic said:
aaronpackers said:
cause it's Ad-Block is awful.

awful on chrome?
i use it on my chrome and work well.
what's wrong?

Well, main reason is that I make YouTube videos, and the clips I get from always has a 40 second long ad in front of it.... The Ad-Block on Chrome doesn't seem to get rid of it, so yeah, that's the main reason I use Firefox. I can't stand watching commercials about Auto Insurance everyday.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

I watch video everytime at YT and, i never get ads again after use adblock plus for chrome.
i using chrome also.

thanks.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011

Sorry, I forgot to give you the link for SuperAntiSpyware: http://www.superantispyware.com/

D

Deleted member 178

no firewall? you are behind a NAT router or you use windows firewall?

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

if you just use connection JUST for your computer, and NOT with other computers. even you not using 3rd firewall it's not problem. just use windows firewall it's okay,no problem.

you know why?
because, you know what you do with your computer. so, you can prevent with your common sense.
personally, I'm not using any 3rd firewall, just windows firewall (Using USB modem for my own connection and my own laptop)
thanks.

D

Deleted member 178

win7holic said:
personally, I'm not using any 3rd firewall, just windows firewall (Using USB modem for my own connection and my own laptop)
thanks.

you said you use CIS...

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011

umbrapolaris said:
no firewall? you are behind a NAT router or you use windows firewall?

I just use Windows Firewall :D Probably will be adding CIS if my computer can handle it!

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Sorry, I forgot to give you the link for SuperAntiSpyware: http://www.superantispyware.com/

Oh yeah, I stopped using SUPERAntiSpyware... it USED to be good...

D

Deleted member 178

aaronpackers said:
Probably will be adding CIS if my computer can handle it!

most computers can handle it, it is the users who can't :D

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

please read aswell my config.
i have 2 laptops with difference security.
1 with windows firewall + NAV + MBAM pro (new laptop)
1 other with CIS 5.8 RC2 + MBAM pro (old laptop)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

so you mistaken.
i always use my new laptop for everyday ,and doing important thing.
and, i'm use windows firewall because i know what i doing for my new laptop and use my own modem (my own connection and my own modem)
thanks.

don't debate with unimportant thing. you know, i JUST want test comodo internet security. NOT for permanent, I DON'T need 3rd firewall. what for? if i have my own connection.

thanks.
and please read this carefully:
if you just use connection JUST for your computer, and NOT with other computers. even you not using 3rd firewall it's not problem. just use windows firewall it's okay,no problem.

@darkelixa: for me, no problem.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.