GDATA 2020 Release Notes

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Some users here in germany reported, that they got the update from the official german download section and not OTA.

Thanks! Downloaded the installation file from the link provided, and ran it choosing the option to update existing installation. Now on v25.5.8.14 . (y) :cool:

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
• Program-Update Information (25.5.9.25)
• Thank you for trusting in G DATA and for your feedback that has been considered in this update.
• Improvements we implemented in this update for you:
• Optimized detection rate
• General performance improvement

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Both G Data and Avira are German based security companies, interesting if G Data wants to buy sigs from the "competitor" (from the same country).
You’ve got a point here and I totally missed it. But you know BD signatures are not as they used to be. Bullguard is now using Avira cloud (still uses BD signatures). G Data needs to find an alternative

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Version 25.5.10.23:
• Program-Update Information (25.5.10.23)
• Thank you for trusting in G DATA and for your feedback that has been considered in this update.
• Improvements we implemented in this update for you:
• Optimized detection rate
• General performance improvement
• G DATA Web Extension for Edge now available on Windows 7 and 8.1
• Fixes an issue where the user interface can freeze when accessing the firewall settings

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
Didn't you also use Avast as a second engine at one point, around 2010?

Regarding Bullguard, I tested it recently and did not see a Bitdefender signature, all detections were with the Avira naming. I believe they don't use BD at all anymore.
Did I confuse Avira and Avast here?
It was before I started working at GDATA. You are probably right.

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
Still no updates?
There is an update, 25.5.11.112

For a release notes and changes @struppigel as a G Data's representative here, should be able to tell. Also, there should be an official release notes page, where it's documented, if one didn't read at programs upgrade dialog box what's new, or installed out of the box version e.g 25.5.x and wants to know what fixes has been made previously, there's no other place to find out which is the current version. Or you could try contact G Data via e-mail and ask that each time. G Data lacks official forum for news and technical help related stuff which would help customers who do not want to call or chat via endless emails sent back and forth.

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
There is an update, 25.5.11.112

For a release notes and changes @struppigel as a G Data's representative here, should be able to tell. Also, there should be an official release notes page, where it's documented, if one didn't read at programs upgrade dialog box what's new, or installed out of the box version e.g 25.5.x and wants to know what fixes has been made previously, there's no other place to find out which is the current version. Or you could try contact G Data via e-mail and ask that each time. G Data lacks official forum for news and technical help related stuff which would help customers who do not want to call or chat via endless emails sent back and forth.
My G Data license expired today and I do not think I will be renewing it. I really like it, but I do not like how updates are delayed. Will install Kaspersky trial and see how it goes.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.