GDATA 2020 Release Notes

Filipe

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2018
Hi,
I also like the tweaks in firewall module. Can someone tell me a few things about G-Data please.
G-Data has plans for a new GUI ? The CloseGap engine works with cloud or it is like a streaming updates ? G-Data does streaming updates? I would to see more sensibility tweaks like with heuristics for example.

Regards,
Filipe

Reactions: Nevi

Filipe

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2018
hopefully they are not planning to merge with Norton
Hope not, that would be a major withdraw for me. I believe in G-Data practises like for example they work with a centralized security with headquaters being in Germany and i think with all the purchases from Broadcom will undermine security on many companies because of jurisdictions and descentralized security but i hope im wrong :p

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
is it only me or gdata has a tremendously slow update system......it takes a while for them to update their software
After purchasing a license I eventually gave up on it for that reason, it wouldn't auto-update to the latest version in a timely manner. I'd have to go download the latest version and reinstall the software in order to get the update. Doesn't make sense to me why you'd want your subscribers running on an older version of the software.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Is the last version still 25.5.10.23 ?

gdate.PNG

But I do not know at all what is new there.

Upd: Suddenly the update 25.5.11.316 arrived

Last edited:

Nightwater

Level 2
Jan 26, 2021
is it only me or gdata has a tremendously slow update system......it takes a while for them to update their software
GData doesn't need to update the program all the time like Avast, antivirus that updates itself all the time is not a good sign, I mean, it's full of bugs, unlike Avast and others, GData has a solid and well-polished antivirus, so they don't need to update all the time, they care more about engine updates (signatures and BB)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
does anyone here consider gdata a top tier antivirus? i mean something similar to Avira or Avast or Kaspersky ?

G DATA has better and even more protection modules/features compared to Avira, Avast probably on the same level like GData, but Kaspersky remains for sure on 1st place of all above mentioned AVs.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
In the past, Gdata showed goods scores in our malwarehub. in my opinion their behavior blocker is on the same top notch level
like Bitdefender or Trend Micro.
@Faybert is our Gdata expert for testing....and @struppigel works for this company
i hope they are working for a modern gui.

i'm an old Gdata user and will come back as soon as Windows 11 is on stable channel

Last edited:

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
I did a test today with 40 new malware samples (all dated 05/08/2021). It only missed 4 samples. The behavior blocker Beast seems to be improved. Tested it with some other samples that weren't detected last time. Today it blocked significant more samples.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.