Advice Request GDATA Engine A and Engine B?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I've looked and tried to find a quick answer to this and couldn't but what are each engines? Bitdefender and?

Reactions: vtqhtr413

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
it's the own engine (y)

"According to its own statement, G Data has developed the company's first own virus scanning engine for five years. The technique is called Closegap and continues to rely on the concept of two scan engines. G Data's virus scanning engine, along with Bitdefender's scan engine, looks for malicious software.
Previously came the second scanning engine from Avast. For the time being, this will continue to be the case in G Data's corporate solutions, but in the long term, all products will be converted to close-gap technology.

older source in german from 2013 :
Closegap: G Data bringt Virenscanner mit eigener Scan-Engine - Golem.de

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thanks! Sort of like Emsisoft?

Someone may come along and correct me if I am wrong but this is how I remember it.

GData used to be Kaspersky and Reliable Antivirus (RAV), I was involved with the business of bringing localized GData to the USA way back under the branding 'eXtendia Antivirus - AVK Professional'. Microsoft bought out RAV to use for Microsoft Security Essentials and GData transitioned to their own in-house engine as the secondary one around that time I believe. Eventually GData transitioned to what they are now.

Emsisoft, I believe that was A-Squared Anti-Malware or something. I forgot, but I used to use it when it was a stand alone. Emsisoft is basically A-Squared, Mamutu, Bit Defender in it's form today.

That is my approximate remembrance of things.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Gdata was using Avast Engine in the past. Now I believe it uses its own along with Bitdefender's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.